Home

MLB The Show 17 & My Issues @ Hitting...Help!

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 & My Issues @ Hitting...Help! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 & My Issues @ Hitting...Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I don't believe that was affected by the patch.

I've learned a need to start expecting a certain pitch in certain situations and it's greatly boosted my pitch recognition.

Hitting it on the other hand - that's a different story.
You might be correct that it wasn't affected by the patch, but, other than SDS explicitly saying it wasn't affected, there is no way to know for sure. The patches have most certainly introduced changes to hitting that weren't documented in the release notes. Every patch has produced a completely new experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I do think it is the best analysis. Maybe not the best visual appeal for some, but the green, yellow, red colors is simply perfect, late, very late etc..so the color part of it really isnt needed. The buckshot has the spread, so you can really see why the contact may have been weak, or blooped etc.
Initially, I thought the buckshot feedback was a significant improvement. The more I've played, I've come to view it as no different than the previous feedback. Most HR's occur when the ball is above and outside the buckshot, but, with a few exceptions, routine popups always occur when the ball is within the upper half of the buckshot. So, it's better to miss by a large margin than a small margin? It doesn't make sense.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #27
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

as for hitting it seemed much harder than last year. As I was playing on Rookie last year and just laying to waste teams. This year not so much... pitching is easier on the meter than any year on default sliders that is once you pick up on the system in place so to speak.

I have always struggled with hitting in this series. Once I gave up using GP that is. I have recently started doing what someone a long time ago suggested and started staring at the pitcher's waist area before and through the pitch... it seems to work "most of the time" for me now.

It is making it easier for me to lay off pitches outside the zone other than two strike pitches. then all bets are off.

I am now on Vet/Vet and feeling good about things I do think they have "nerfed" timing hitting in favor of using directional this year. it seems to me like they are trying to get everyone off of it and onto zone for whatever reason.

that is just me though.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #28
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

they definitely did something to affect the hitting as it is much harder now...i just updated my game two days ago. they might not have done it intentionally but I have no doubts whether russel says so or not. i rarely trust what he says because he doesn't actually make the game. i've noticed things about the hitting in this game before the developers have bothered to say anything about it, particularly about zone plus analog with the stride.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
they definitely did something to affect the hitting as it is much harder now...i just updated my game two days ago. they might not have done it intentionally but I have no doubts whether russel says so or not. i rarely trust what he says because he doesn't actually make the game. i've noticed things about the hitting in this game before the developers have bothered to say anything about it, particularly about zone plus analog with the stride.
I have confirmed we are back to last years ball physics. No clue why they would do that.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

I got to agree with most that something with hitting has changed.

I always had difficultly hitting in this series but this year out of the box I thought it was perfect. I actually thought it was fair for people who have difficulty hitting like I do and it was a fair and balanced across all the hitting modes.

But now it's just not fun. I think they made it too hard for the casual player like me. I'm sure if I am a hardcore player and spend hours and hours on hitting I can probably get it down, but who has that amount of time to do that?

I hope they bring back the hitting when the game was released. It was the most fun I had in a baseball game in a over a decade.

With the last update, hitting has been super frustrating and I'm not having fun with the game anymore.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
I have confirmed we are back to last years ball physics. No clue why they would do that.
That really makes me mad. The one thing about 17 that made it one of the best baseball games in the last 10 years was the new ball physics. How can you eff up the best feature of the game like that!?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I got to agree with most that something with hitting has changed.

I always had difficultly hitting in this series but this year out of the box I thought it was perfect. I actually thought it was fair for people who have difficulty hitting like I do and it was a fair and balanced across all the hitting modes.

But now it's just not fun. I think they made it too hard for the casual player like me. I'm sure if I am a hardcore player and spend hours and hours on hitting I can probably get it down, but who has that amount of time to do that?

I hope they bring back the hitting when the game was released. It was the most fun I had in a baseball game in a over a decade.

With the last update, hitting has been super frustrating and I'm not having fun with the game anymore.
Based on your statements we appear to have widely different experience levels, but I don't think our perspectives are all that different and I agree with your statements. Out of the box hitting was a very fun experience. However, it was flawed. I believe the flaws were actually related to pitching logic, that being pitchers left too many pitches up and over the middle of the plate which resulted in too many home runs. Unfortunately, when SDS patched pitching logic, they simultaneously neutered hitting, leaving us with memories and shadows of what could have been.

Should SDS be watching, I would pay another $60, even double, for the out of the box experience with just the pitching logic patched. My stats are good (well done SDS), but the post patch(es) hitting physics and experience are miserable. The 2017 release and patches have been a cruel joke.

Last edited by fanofbaseball; 06-02-2017 at 01:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »