Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
The biggest question for all us slider makers: did this patch change hitting again? A friend of mine played 2 innings post patch 1.11 and hit 2 Homer's in one inning. My sliders were tuned for the dead ball Era from patch 1.10 so if they made hitting easier again, slider makers are once again going to have to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I don't understand how hitting 2 HRs in one inning, one time means the sliders are messed up and hitting has changed. That seems like a naturally occurring baseball thing.......
Old 08-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #34
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The biggest question for all us slider makers: did this patch change hitting again? A friend of mine played 2 innings post patch 1.11 and hit 2 Homer's in one inning. My sliders were tuned for the dead ball Era from patch 1.10 so if they made hitting easier again, slider makers are once again going to have to adjust.

Can't speak for THIS patch yet as I haven't played a game yet, but DO wish programmers would stop "changing hitting" so far into a season...

Don't mind a drastic overhaul early on & can appreciate slight refining into the season too. But, FINALLY settling in with slider settings, getting many games into an offline season/franchise, having accurate season stats being generated to that point then having to overhaul slider settings is a REAL drag!

How many Padjoi legend slider sets are there now, 30? (appreciate your efforts by the way ) But, you/we/us shouldn't have to be "hitting the drawing board" all season long IMO...

Next season I'll be putting the controller down post patches, letting the dust settle a bit & allowing the slider makes to find their way before continuing that season...

-GW-

Last edited by GWPump23; 08-02-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #35
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Didn't the Nats just hit something like 5 homers in an inning off of Milwaukee? Like, last week? Variety is inevitable.

Any slider makers worth their salt know that a 2 inning sample is completely useless. No disrespect intended. Same goes to anyone out there basing judgments on a single at-bat, or 2 pitches, or whatever snap judgment they are trying to advocate for.

EDIT: People on both sides (overly positive and overly negative) should play a few games first and then get back to the rest of us. No need to promote potential misinformation on criminally small data sets. This is why the peanut gallery gets so confused at all the conflicting info after each and every single patch.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 08-02-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #36
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Do they have ability to add feature to turn budgets off in Franchise?
Huh? Are you talking about the menu option that has always been in the game? You've been able to turn budgets on/off for as long as I've been playing the game. You just have to decide whether to have them on/off as you start a new franchise. Apologies if you are referring to something else or if this is one of those online/offline franchise discrepancies--I only play offline.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #37
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchuck3
Has anyone noticed that in random games offline, one of the pitchers will lose their stamina at a rapid rate (ex: 40 pitches = zero energy), while the other pitcher's stamina decreases normally? *

Yes playing the Yankees the other night I noticed it. The only thing I forgot to do was make sure he started the game with full stamina so it may have been that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Can't speak for THIS patch yet as I haven't played a game yet, but DO wish programmers would stop "changing hitting" so far into a season...

Don't mind a drastic overhaul early on & can appreciate slight refining into the season too. But, FINALLY settling in with slider settings, getting many games into an offline season/franchise, having accurate season stats being generated to that point then having to overhaul slider settings is a REAL drag!

How many Padjoi legend slider sets are there now, 30? (appreciate your efforts by the way ) But, you/we/us shouldn't have to be "hitting the drawing board" all season long IMO...

Next season I'll be putting the controller down post patches, letting the dust settle a bit & allowing the slider makes to find their way before continuing that season...

-GW-
There's actually 35 versions of the padgoi sliders now. And expect more now than another patch has changed the way hitting works yet again.

Last edited by Padgoi; 08-02-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Didn't the Nats just hit something like 5 homers in an inning off of Milwaukee? Like, last week? Variety is inevitable.

Any slider makers worth their salt know that a 2 inning sample is completely useless. No disrespect intended. Same goes to anyone out there basing judgments on a single at-bat, or 2 pitches, or whatever snap judgment they are trying to advocate for.

EDIT: People on both sides (overly positive and overly negative) should play a few games first and then get back to the rest of us. No need to promote potential misinformation on criminally small data sets. This is why the peanut gallery gets so confused at all the conflicting info after each and every single patch.
No disrespect intended after telling me I'm not worth my salt? And why is that? Because you're not good enough at the game to play on legend? Or perhaps because I can tell when something has changed drastically without having to play 15 games on that slider set? If no offense was intended, you would've just kept your mouth closed to begin with.

Let's tell it like it is. There are certainly people at this forum that think everything wrong with the game is user error and that the developers are infallible. Then there are people who blame the developers for world hunger. Then there are people like me, who tell it like it is. When a game has had 11 patches since its release and the developers don't include hitting and pitching slider changes in their release notes, I'd say that's more of a development issue than a user issue.

Maybe if you actually tried my sliders instead of shooting off about them, you'd see that I put extensive testing into every single change I make. Heck, there are "official" slider makers that have stopped updating their sliders entirely because of the exorbitant number of patches that have been released. No one wants to update sliders 30 times through August because the developers continue to release patches that change the way hitting sliders work every single time.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #40
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Don't know if it's because I upgraded to a ps4 pro yesterday, or the patch, but hitting feels solid again. Seeing much better results, and results that actually match with the input. I'm thinking it might actually be a bit of both.

And no doubt I can imagine this game has been a challenge for slider makers regarding hitting. My stats suffered greatly bc of this in my offline franchise. After about a month, maybe two, the core gameplay elements should be set. Patches have really become a double edged sword in that regard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »