Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #801
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well I had dinner, thought about it and then came back and pulled the trigger....LOL

Cardinals Get:

RP Roberto Osuna 24 yrs old 89 OVR

Blue Jays Get:

SP Sandy Alcantara 23 yrs old 74 OVR A potential

1B Steve Hernandez 22 yrs old 77 OVR B Potential (he was thought to be our first baseman next year or year after)

OF C.J. McElroy 24 yrs old 70 OVR A Potential

Hope this doesn't backfire...LOL
You had to strengthen your closer position. Your in a pennant race, so you went all in. Good luck my friend.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 08:06 AM   #802
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
You had to strengthen your closer position. Your in a pennant race, so you went all in. Good luck my friend.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
And we may not be done. The Royals are making Kelvin Herrera available again. Not sure how I would fit that into our current bullpen:

LEFTIES

Tyler Lyons
Sam Freeman
Kevin Siegrist
Dean Kiekhefer

RIGHTIES

Jordan Walden
Trevor Rosenthal
Roberto Osuna

But my thought would be that if I choose to pursue this, that Kevin Siegrist would go back to Memphis or be involved in the trade, although I don't want to lose the lefty. Walden, Rosenthal and now Osuna are not going anywhere, despite Rosenthal's struggles. I think my bullpen is a bit out of balance with too many lefties although they can pitch to right handed hitters, I feel as though I need to keep 4 righties and 3 lefties in the pen, as that is my norm (or 5 and 2).

Really debating this one. Osuna was easy because Farqhuar has struggled all year. This one involves moving a lefty to Memphis and all 4 are pitching fairly well, especially of late.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-26-2018, 02:56 PM   #803
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

After winning 5 straight the Rangers have lost the first 2 games of a 4 game series to an even hotter Seattle team who had won 4 straight and 9 out of 10.

First game was pretty tight but the bullpen could not hold the lead and we ended up losing 6-4. Game 2 was a 1-0 affair up until the 5th inning when Matt Moore gave up a grand slam to Nelson Cruz and then decided to give up the back to back allowing a solo shot to Cano. Cano would add a 3 run bomb later to add to the misery as the Mariners cruised to a 12-0 victory. Cano and Cruz had 10 RBI combined on the evening. Could not keep Dee Gordon off the base paths either, he had 2 infield singles and stole 3 bags in the process including 3rd on a double steal.

Rangers are 26-32 on the season.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 05-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #804
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgom24
What's your strategy or guide line for guys due for arbitration. How do you know when you offer it or just offer multi year deals.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Moving this back down to get answered

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #805
Rookie

dking30's Arena

I have a second Yankees franchise going on. We got eliminated in the wild card game by the Angels. After a disappointing season I’m looking to make a splash in free agency. We have two main targets: Manny Machado and Bryce Harper. We will pay whatever it takes, and how many years it will take.

We can have Stanton, Judge, and Harper all alternate as a DH while the other two play in the corners.

Machado can just slide in effortlessly at 3rd.

Should I go for Machado or Harper? Your opinions are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #806
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking30
I have a second Yankees franchise going on. We got eliminated in the wild card game by the Angels. After a disappointing season I’m looking to make a splash in free agency. We have two main targets: Manny Machado and Bryce Harper. We will pay whatever it takes, and how many years it will take.

We can have Stanton, Judge, and Harper all alternate as a DH while the other two play in the corners.

Machado can just slide in effortlessly at 3rd.

Should I go for Machado or Harper? Your opinions are appreciated.
Depends, what did you do with Andujar and Drury?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:36 PM   #807
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

We have lost 3 straight as we were swept by the Yankees. Our bullpen, primarily Rosenthal, blew 2 games in the series. Due to this latest meltdown and season of struggles, we have sent Rosenthal down to Memphis to see if he can't work things out. We have 3 games before the All-Star break and then the break itself, so we'll most likely bring him back up afterwards, providing he gets the job done down there.

In the meantime, John Brebbia has been called up to St.Louis for the next week or so.

We are 42-46 and still 4 games behind the Reds.

Next up is the final series before the break as we are in Toronto for a 3 game series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #808
Rookie

Hey guys, theses have all been very interesting to read. I need some help. I currently have a catty over save with my blue jays and it’s chaos as I don’t keep it realistic at all! I’m looking to start a new franchise with an NL team to try out the new high end rookies that are real in this years game, as well as, new players I didn’t use in my jays franchise.

I’m thinking about the d backs, cardinals or pirates. Having trouble playing with anyone but the jays but I don’t want to start a new one with The same team

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »