Home

Franchise Budget Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Budget Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Franchise Budget Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy
I don’t understand how to sign free agents then. Because I can’t offer Chris Sale a $31M per year contract unless I have at least that in the bank according to the game. If it resets each year that’s just dumb
Not how it works. The "bank" you see resets back to 5M each year because your owner takes whatever that bank amount was at the end of the season and increases or decreases your budget for the next year (not a dollar for dollar either but not sure of the formula). Bank doesn't have anything to do with budget outside of that.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #10
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
Yeah this is very confusing. Playing as the Phillies and simmed to the offseason just to see what that whole process would be like. It's hard to tell exactly what your budget is as the 5 mill in the bank crap means nothing to me. I was able to sign to big free agents but really had no idea how much of my budget was left. After that they kept saying I don't have enough money to make any more offers to anyone. Just wish the info was more concrete when it comes to the offseason. Hopefully by the time I actually get to my off season there will be some answers. Also I wonder if I purchase franchise funds using stubs will that increase the team budget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I believe that the game wont let you spend any more money at a point if you have so many players currently under arbitration, not signed and under the minimum position requirements.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Not how it works. The "bank" you see resets back to 5M each year because your owner takes whatever that bank amount was at the end of the season and increases or decreases your budget for the next year (not a dollar for dollar either but not sure of the formula). Bank doesn't have anything to do with budget outside of that.
Good response. i couldn't find the thread where I learned about this last year. If you do a google search on cash flow and bank with MLB the show you get links that get you there too. I didn't have a problem being able to sign free agents in the off and during season in 17 just following the cash flow information but I don't know if they changed things for 18. I did have to 'cheat' the system to get some players onto their current teams by not signing until late, then any offer I gave was accepted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #12
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Good response. i couldn't find the thread where I learned about this last year. If you do a google search on cash flow and bank with MLB the show you get links that get you there too. I didn't have a problem being able to sign free agents in the off and during season in 17 just following the cash flow information but I don't know if they changed things for 18. I did have to 'cheat' the system to get some players onto their current teams by not signing until late, then any offer I gave was accepted.
So is there any way that you can see exactly how much spending money you have for free agents and your own players or no?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

beacsue the game wants to spend Microtransaction to buy in game money with REAL money to have a bigger budget
Old 04-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
beacsue the game wants to spend Microtransaction to buy in game money with REAL money to have a bigger budget
Don't need to spend money. You can purchase more funds in franchise with stubs (I believe 10,000 stubs buys $5 million funds that goes towards your budget in Franchise) I have earned about 13,000 stubs so far, and I am just one month into Franchise mode.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #15
Rookie

rncws1984's Arena

I turned off budget last year with this new budget rule they came out with keep your payroll under 120 and you’ll save your self the headache of that damn budget system

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
So is there any way that you can see exactly how much spending money you have for free agents and your own players or no?

On the first tab of the franchise menus (with calendar and game matchup) you'll see on the right side the option for BUDGET. Scroll down to it and you'll see your available budget at that point in the season. It's the far right number.

Keep in mind this fluctuates over the course of the season based on attendance for home games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »