Home

Franchise Budget Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Budget Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3
Franchise Budget Question

So during the first year Of my Nationals fantasy draft I traded my high priced veterans to cut salary trying to build my bank to afford to mega stars in free agency. I had built about $39M in the bank by the end of the regular season.

Once I moved to the off-season though and went to offer my players and free agents, my bank was reset back to $5M only and I can’t afford to offer any of the free agents contracts.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something? Why would I have cut all that salary just to lose the bank I had gained. My total team salary for all signed contracts is $46M (still have players with arbitration offers and renewable contracts of course)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 08:03 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Franchise Budget Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy
So during the first year Of my Nationals fantasy draft I traded my high priced veterans to cut salary trying to build my bank to afford to mega stars in free agency. I had built about $39M in the bank by the end of the regular season.

Once I moved to the off-season though and went to offer my players and free agents, my bank was reset back to $5M only and I can’t afford to offer any of the free agents contracts.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something? Why would I have cut all that salary just to lose the bank I had gained. My total team salary for all signed contracts is $46M (still have players with arbitration offers and renewable contracts of course)
I think this happened last year too that after the season the bank reset to 5MM. Honestly I didn't pay attention to the bank for the teams as I went through the off season, just the amount I could use from the 'weekly' balance to sign players. So I'm not sure how the bank is used per se, or how to trigger using money accumulated. But last year at some point (which I thought was right after the season) the bank did reset so this is likely not a glitch.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

I don’t understand how to sign free agents then. Because I can’t offer Chris Sale a $31M per year contract unless I have at least that in the bank according to the game. If it resets each year that’s just dumb
Old 04-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Its based on cash flow, not bank.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Its based on cash flow, not bank.
That's what I was trying to find, an image showing the cashflow and bank to point to what I was using when I signed FA in the off season. I am actually not sure what the bank is used for though i think someone pointed out that a portion of the previous year's gets put into the cash flow (?) not sure if that is right. Anyway I know that A-rod retired which opened up the Yankee cash flow moreso than the Red Sox in my franchise where they are cash strapped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am also having this problem. So there is no way to sign Big name free agents in the off-season even after you get ride of ageing veterans?
Old 04-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #7
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsfan112
I am also having this problem. So there is no way to sign Big name free agents in the off-season even after you get ride of ageing veterans?
That’s what I am finding. $139M in the bank but my max free agent offer was $5M. With a payroll south of $50M for the Nationals. Just seems like what’s the point of having a bank
Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah this is very confusing. Playing as the Phillies and simmed to the offseason just to see what that whole process would be like. It's hard to tell exactly what your budget is as the 5 mill in the bank crap means nothing to me. I was able to sign to big free agents but really had no idea how much of my budget was left. After that they kept saying I don't have enough money to make any more offers to anyone. Just wish the info was more concrete when it comes to the offseason. Hopefully by the time I actually get to my off season there will be some answers. Also I wonder if I purchase franchise funds using stubs will that increase the team budget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »