Home

Animation That Must Go:

This is a discussion on Animation That Must Go: within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #17
Rookie

beedl001's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Animation That Must Go:

What about the manager's and coaches hugging after every single win? C'mon. Game 27 in Double A.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #18
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought of another one, not exactly an animation but having the Jumbotron show the American flag after a win needs to go. It keeps showing up in Canada. I keep bug reporting it. They keep claiming it is fixed. It's not fixed. It's never been fixed. You obviously can't figure the bug out, so it likely never will be fixed. Just take it out already. There is nothing more embarassing then celebrating an emotional win only to have every single screen in the Rogers Centre showing the American flag like some giant middle finger to Canadians.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

They don't need to take out the animation of a batter hitting the deck after being beaned, but they touch it up just a bit. Unless it's fine on the ps pro. If thats the case then I need to break down and finally purchase one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I thought of another one, not exactly an animation but having the Jumbotron show the American flag after a win needs to go. It keeps showing up in Canada. I keep bug reporting it. They keep claiming it is fixed. It's not fixed. It's never been fixed. You obviously can't figure the bug out, so it likely never will be fixed. Just take it out already. There is nothing more embarassing then celebrating an emotional win only to have every single screen in the Rogers Centre showing the American flag like some giant middle finger to Canadians.

Spoiler

A Work in Progress
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't understand why any flag has to be shown at all. 75% of the league isn't even American anymore
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

The one where the batter swings and misses it, then flips his bat and catches the barrel. No one does that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 12:27 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
I don't understand why any flag has to be shown at all. 75% of the league isn't even American anymore
A) 97% of the teams are in the U.S.

B) MLB, FBOW, is steeply entrenched with tradition. & traditions die hard.

C) mlb knows it's fanbase, and who the game is marketed to.

D) baseball is as American as apple pie, hot dogs, lists and complaining on the interwebs about things we don't like

A Work in Progress
Old 04-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #23
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Can't believe we are 3 pages into this thread and this hasn't been mentioned. Pitcher walking to the mound, and drops his glove. That is so, so outdated, and needs to go. It has to be some kind of inside joke with the devs at this point.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #24
MVP

Gotta say, the new catcher animations, “settle down” and “good pitch” lets call them, are both too long. It’s like they want to make sure everyone notices them. Meanwhile, catcher can’t throw the ball back, that takes too much time. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »