Home

MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #177
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

Relocation/jersey creation (DD with a bit more options) with an image uploader.

A LOT MORE stats.

Ratings on the 20/80 scale for all players.

Keep improving AI.

Bring back and add a lot of franchise features, ala MLB The Show 08-10 plus more.

Please get specialty uniforms (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Mothers/Fathers Day, Players Weekend) in the game.

Add in option before RTTS games for auto skip, PxP, or watch game.

More MiLB levels.

WE NEED 2-WAY PLAYERS AND OPENERS.

Last edited by itsmb8; 10-14-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:28 AM   #178
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3

I rarely post but always post in this thread and I'll stick with my two wishes that I've had for years.

1. Let us choose a wind-up and a stretch for pitchers instead of having the stretch tied to the wind-up we choose.

2. Let us choose different batting stances for switch hitters as most switch hitters don't have the exact same stance from both sides.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:43 AM   #179
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

The game needs to be more analytical, baseball is moving towards being hardcore analytical so should the game.

You shouldn’t have to search and dig through the player’s cards lets say in Franchise to see (some) analytical numbers.

You should have the option to see historical numbers for each pitcher against the batter so you can make a pitching change or a pinch hit. I understand the game does show you historical numbers, but it’s really a quick flash during an at-bat or the commentators might say something about it. Not really all detailed, we should bring up a menu that tells us everything.

Things that managers, front offices look at to make decisions on the field nowadays to get the edge whether it’s lineup changes, players sitting after a hot game, placing importance on power hitters, bullpen games, etc. I need that to see that be emphasized in the game.

Last edited by Geolink; 10-14-2018 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #180
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
The game needs to be more analytical, baseball is moving towards being hardcore analytical so should the game.

You shouldnít have to search and dig through the playerís cards lets say in Franchise to see (some) analytical numbers.

You should have the option to see historical numbers for each pitcher against the batter so you can make a pitching change or a pinch hit. I understand the game does show you historical numbers, but itís really a quick flash during an at-bat or the commentators might say something about it. Not really all detailed, we should bring up a menu that tells us everything.

Things that managers, front offices look at to make decisions on the field nowadays to get the edge whether itís lineup changes, players sitting after a hot game, placing importance on power hitters, bullpen games, etc. I need that to see that be emphasized in the game.
I'd settle for accurate fielder speeds and a system where interactions are independent and not tethered together.

#2 in your program, #1 in our hearts. You will be missed, Red.

- Rick Wise
Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have you ever wished you could stop stupid AI trades in franchise (offline) mode without having to have 30 team control? I sure have. This is what I would do to fix that.

Add a feature to franchise (offline) mode called "Commissioner Control". What I envision this would allow you to do is the following:

- All trades (AI) would need to be approved by the commissioner (you) before being completed. This could be refined to require only trades involving 'A' level prospects and star caliber players.

- Relocation / New Stadiums. As the commissioner you could dictate which teams require a new stadium (Tampa!!!) and mandate that they build a new one or relocate the team. Teams may just want to relocate and that too would need to be approved by the commissioner (you). Teams struggling financially (or at the gate) could be forced to trim payroll, build a stadium, or be relocated.

- Expansion! As the commissioner you could receive interest from perspective owners who want to buy a team. If expansion was approved you could also have some options on how the expansion draft works and the rules surrounding the rosters.

Another feature I think would be cool for franchise (offline) mode is to have more control over how your team is managed (specifically for simulating games). Its cool that when you hire a manager and coaches that they have ratings attributed to them. Why don't we expand on this???

- Green light for stealing!!! When simulating games I would like to customize which players on my team have the green light to steal and which players don't. You could dictate that only players with 85+ speed and 80+ stealing would run during simulated games. Maybe you could also customize which situations you'd run in and which you wouldn't (ex.trying to steal 3rd with 2 out).

- Managerial stats. I dislike to pros and cons you get with each manager / coach hire. I think the coaches should all be given their own unique philosophy like a small ball expert, aggressive on the base paths, analytical, play for big inning, etc. With each philosophy would come the pros and cons with it. I also think you should be able to hire from within when you have an opening - like promote the pitching coach to manager without having to fire him first.

- Rotation for players. I don't mind the player stamina feature but I would say most of the star players in their prime will never sit out a game unless they are actually hurt or injured. You could dictate which players were set in stone and would not be given days off. If a star player is getting fatigued...skip practice, not a game.

- Pitcher usage. I think you should be able to customize when your starters will be pulled from a game. I also think you could customize which reliever would be used in certain situations (ex. lefty on left, ground ball type when need a double play, etc.). Also which reliever you will use as a backup closer in the event your usual closer is fatigued. I hate simulating a season and seeing that my better starting pitchers only pitched 160 innings and my long reliever also pitched like 160 odd innings.

- Trade negotiations. Very rarely if ever are blockbuster trades completed on the first offer. I would like to see a little back and forth, even if the original offer is a good one. I would like to see the A.I. try to leverage better deals based on what they are actually interested in doing versus what you are trying to do.

- Player Retirements. I think you should be able to have the option of negotiating with players that are thinking of retiring early (mid 30's) other than the career ending injury types. Maybe you could convince them to play one more year to go for the world series.

- Franchise budgets. Ok I get how it works but the layout of it is stupid. They should be able to make it much more clear on your overall budget and how much you can afford without having to do your own calculation. I also think in the off-season you should be able to go over your internal budget with a mandate to get below before the end of offseason. I am not sure if the luxury tax was in 2018 but it definitely should be there in 2019. Also the success of your franchise (not just winning, but making $$$) should have some effect on your overall budget - perhaps you could negotiate with the owner an increase in the budget in pursuit of a championship?

- Challenging Calls. Super stale and annoying to watch. Make this better and allow challenges on other bases. Also allow the AI to challenge calls.

- Acknowledge milestones within a season. For example when a player is approaching 61 homeruns or a 40-40 season or 300k's or batting close to 400. It would add realism to the stale broadcasting. You can't fix the broadcasting by swapping different dudes in and out - you have to add content, realism, and fix the timing.

Thats all for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #182
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I know I've mentioned this before, and probably in this thread, but as I go through the offseason I can't help but bring it up again.

Please SDS....increase the roster size to at least 100 players. 90 is just too small to balance an organizational roster between stars, role players, depth, and prospects you want to develop slowly.

Please...please...please.....

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #183
Pro

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0

The ability to choose the opposing teamís uniform in RTTS
Old 10-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #184
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I DESPERATELY want probability and tendencies including in a player's ratings, similar to what 2K has done. Meaning the following:

Hitters:
  • % line drive
  • % BB rate
  • % Strikeout rate
  • % contact
  • % F-Strike (swing at first pitch)
  • % O-Swing (swing at pitches outside of zone)
  • % O-Contact (contact of pitches swung outside of zone)
  • % Z-Swing (swing at pitches inside zone)
  • % Z-Contact (contact of pitches swung inside of zone)
  • % pull/push IF
  • % pull/push OF
  • % contact vs. fastball
  • % contact vs. off-speed
  • % basepath aggressiveness (1st to 3rd, 2nd to home, etc.)
  • % GB/FB ratio (ground ball-fly ball ratio)
  • % HR/FB ratio (home-run to fly ball ratio)

Pitchers
  • % K
  • % BB
  • % GB (ground ball)
  • % HR/FB (home runs per fly ball)
  • % thrown for each pitch
  • % zone (how often a pitch hits the zone)
  • % pickoff attempt

That's just a few on the top of my head...some others include durability vs. injury (PLEASE include an injury prone slider vs. simple durability), % to take the extra base (1st-3rd, 2nd-home, etc.)...lots of tendencies could be added for MGRs as well to add that additional scope, such as % likely to pull SP, % to pinch hit, % to shift, etc.

With how analytical the game has gotten, The Show has to incorporate these things and it would add to the immersion if it's displayed for the user in a HUD or screen display, discussed via commentary - the possibilities (and the strategies!) are endless.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »