Home

Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #33
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

Started my closer RTTS, Antonio Ramos. He’s a 6’7” RHP with a high velocity 4-seam, sinker, and a change primarily for LHB. This was based off my stopper from an online OOTP league, and plays kinda like Joe Kelly or Treinen.

Did great in the showcase games even though I haven’t played since ‘13 and I got drafted 1-4, to the Marlins :| Not ideal for the long-term but a fine place to start, I guess.

Been pretty dominant, the control isn’t always there but the stuff is too much for AA — 1.50 ERA and 9 Saves before the game forced me to convert to SP for 2 games. I switched back through menu choices as soon as I had the chance, at the risk of slower advancement. I really wish this storyline wasn’t forced upon us...

Blew my first save after switching back to closer, not sure where the stat line is now, and for some reason when I go to the player card in the clubhouse all my stats are blank (???)

I’m absolutely loving RTTS and this game so far. I haven’t played in years and it’s awesome to be back.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #34
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Well got my new SP going, Cutter, Change, Sinker to begin with, I'll add a true breaking pitch quickly as I can.

Still noticing that covering 1st as a pitcher is near impossible. Which is very annoying.
I've only managed to do it once so far, and that was in a game I just finished playing, even then it was only by the skin of my teeth more than anything but overall I would agree covering 1st is still virtually impossible.

As for pitches with my plain filthy starter I took the Cutter, Sinker and Change for my first 3 and will add the curve or 12-6 curve as my 4th and not sure about 5th, I'm thinking 4-Seam but we'll see
Old 03-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #35
Rookie

So just had a weird one, made another Closer but a fast guy this time. Pitched 4th innings like normal and then the 2nd try out instead of coming in for the 9th it just went straight through and then I was into the Draft screen so effectively I just got the one shot at proving my self.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 11:42 PM   #36
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Do RTTS catchers call pitches and catch each pitch?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #37
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
You can when you are on the major league roster/team games but not in AA or AAA games
Are you able to select the opposing team's uniforms as well or only your own, once you make the MLB? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #38
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

This is a weird little bug that is bothering me.

My player is a SS/CF and about every other game that I'm put in to pinch hit, after my bat I'm put on the mound to pitch for a batter. No matter the outcome, after pitching for that one I'm taken out the game.

I got called up to the Reds last night and only got to play a couple of games so I don't know if it'll happen in the majors, but in AA ball it was a common quirk.

I don't follow baseball too intensely, but I'm assuming that's not something that happens IRL.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #39
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran
Are you able to select the opposing team's uniforms as well or only your own, once you make the MLB? Thanks!
No you are only able to select.your own game day uniform for the MLB team your are playing for.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-28-2019, 09:05 AM   #40
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungefly85
This is a weird little bug that is bothering me.

My player is a SS/CF and about every other game that I'm put in to pinch hit, after my bat I'm put on the mound to pitch for a batter. No matter the outcome, after pitching for that one I'm taken out the game.

I got called up to the Reds last night and only got to play a couple of games so I don't know if it'll happen in the majors, but in AA ball it was a common quirk.

I don't follow baseball too intensely, but I'm assuming that's not something that happens IRL.
Well as a rookie in your first year in the bigs you will probably only get pinch hit games and maybe a few starts unless your are superstar rookie or someone get injured at the position your are playing, You will get more playing time the better you get but it is a slow process , so patience is the key unless you ask for a trade which might or might not happen.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »