Home

Trade logic

This is a discussion on Trade logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #25
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trade logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
My biggest problem with trade logic is teams in contention for the division trading away key players. It doesn’t seem to happen as much as it used to but I still see it from time to time. Well on 18 anyway. I haven’t got far enough in my franchise to see any trades yet this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I Saw a funny one last night. The phillies traded Rhys Hoskins for Miguel andujar. Miguel andujar wound up having a really good year actually (37 HR 99 RBI) as well Hoskins (41 Hr 97 RBI). It's not that the trade is completely lopsided, it's just that the trade doesn't fix any sort of need. The phillies are not week at 3rd base with Franco. Grabted the Yankees are a bit weaker at first, but the phillies really didn't need to accept this trade. It almost feels like the CPU is just making trades for the sake of making trades
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 04:55 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

The trade logic never really bothered me. It was bad at times, sure, but I could generally figure out how it worked and work around it. If other teams wanted to sabotage themselves with each other, have at it, as long as I could manage my team how I wanted.

But right now I can’t even do that.

My Royals team is leading the wild card race at the trade deadline. My payroll is $62 million. My weekly budget is +$1.32 million/week, and my bank is $36 million. I have plenty of prospects I probably don’t need, but I could definitely use one more starter.

Syndergaard is making $7.8 million in the final year of his deal, and the Mets are well out of contention. Makes sense that they’d at least listen to trade offers in case he leaves, and it makes sense for a team like mine to use a few surplus prospects to get a relatively cheap rental who could be the difference between a wild card loss and a World Series run.

Nope.

Despite all the money I have available, I can’t make any trades where I take on more than $2 million total in payroll. “Budgetary constraints” even though my budget has more than enough room to accommodate him. Same is true no matter what team I try to trade with. And because Inhad spent a couple offseasons working hard to ensure I wasn’t wasting any money on overpaid players I don’t need, I have no way to balance the offer money without getting ride of a player I need.

To confirm that, I went into free agency and signed two guys for $31 million each and still had money left to play with.

So on top of weird trade logic, the budget system simply doesn’t seem to work as intended.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #27
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Just had two trades happen in my franchise that were pretty unrealistic imo

First one was the Mets acquired Jonny Venters from the Braves for Todd Frazier (both Donaldson and Camargo were healthy)

Second was the Yankees acquiring Jeremy Hellickson from the Nationals for Greg Bird and Domingo Acevedo

Trade slider is on 5 I'm in April I'm thinking of dropping it down to 2 until June but still worried about these unrealistic trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »