Home

Old 05-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: AI Bullpen usage logic is the worst

There is no consequence for letting a pitcher's energy drain out. The only time I've ever seen something like that was ASB 2002 where if a player's energy was completely drained, it was only a matter of time before they injured something.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:45 PM   #10
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
Have ZERO Set-up Men.
4-MR
2-LRP
Put best 2-MR, @ MR slot #1,2.
They will mow be used properly (Holds).
Put 3rd best MR @ LRP # 1 Slot.
I will try this when I get home. If this fixes it, then I will be thrilled. Thanks for the tip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL375
I just played a 3 game series against Baltimore, and I believe they brought in the same reliever 3 games in a row and he pitched at least 3 innings in every game. His energy red-lined but he was somehow hitting his spots perfectly.

lol
Yeah this is the crap they do that really bothers me. It's honestly damn near kills the game for me. It certainly kills a lot of the immersion within a game. Especially when it's a tight game late innings. What kind of feeling will I have when it's the playoffs and the AI are blowing games cause of this? I'm not going to feel like I earned my World Series win if this bullpen logic isn't fixed.

That's honestly what bothers me most. I want to earn my wins, not have them handed to me cause they wanna leave a pitcher in for 3 innings of relief in a tie ball game.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
I don't think they tired factor really has as much impact as it should and the confidence factor is really overpowered. I've seen pitchers who are completely tired go 3 innings more without any problems. Confidence was way up though. IMO, I don't care how confident you are, once a person is exhausted, they don't perform as well.
This 1000000000000000000000000000000%

I was going to make a thread about this very thing, but this is the #1 pet peeve I have with the last iterations of this game. The AI bullpen logic needs to change in 2020. Seems like energy affects nothing. Confidence seems to be the only factor in performance. It doesn't matter if the energy is gone, the confidence up? He will pitch as long as the AI decides to take him out. It's irritating.

You are spot on with the being exhausted part. The confidence thing is so stupid and a bit illogical. If my arm is weak because the AI decided to have the pitcher throw 150 pitches (just throwing out a number) because his confidence is at 90% in the 4th inning, it has to have some affect, but not on this game. I know what I just typed is exaggerated, but you get what I am saying. It's illogical and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #12
Rookie

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
This 1000000000000000000000000000000%

I was going to make a thread about this very thing, but this is the #1 pet peeve I have with the last iterations of this game. The AI bullpen logic needs to change in 2020. Seems like energy affects nothing. Confidence seems to be the only factor in performance. It doesn't matter if the energy is gone, the confidence up? He will pitch as long as the AI decides to take him out. It's irritating.

You are spot on with the being exhausted part. The confidence thing is so stupid and a bit illogical. If my arm is weak because the AI decided to have the pitcher throw 150 pitches (just throwing out a number) because his confidence is at 90% in the 4th inning, it has to have some affect, but not on this game. I know what I just typed is exaggerated, but you get what I am saying. It's illogical and unrealistic.
On the other side of the coin, if their energy is 100% and their confidence is 0 they will get shelled. So, it does support the idea that the ONLY factor is the confidence.

Last edited by JHodges57; 05-28-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 8

I just wish there were 29 separate (& very different) A.I.'s, I dont much like it that it feels like the same mgr. is running every team
Old 06-01-2019, 06:31 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well they are busy putting out a 2005 throwback Orioles Sammy Sosa card in Diamond Dynasty so this is going to have to wait until the PS5 comes out.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
Well they are busy putting out a 2005 throwback Orioles Sammy Sosa card in Diamond Dynasty so this is going to have to wait until the PS5 comes out.
Oh so true !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
Have ZERO Set-up Men.
4-MR
2-LRP
Put best 2-MR, @ MR slot #1,2.
They will mow be used properly (Holds).
Put 3rd best MR @ LRP # 1 Slot.

Does the SU man get used properly even though not in SU slot?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »