Home

MLB The Show 20 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2020, 01:57 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Impressions Thread

-The Royals, Mets, Astros, Padres, Cubs, Phillies and Pirates managers are not in the game.
-Franchise mode is the exact same as last year.
-Oakland's third deck still has tarp on it.
-The game plays smooth on balanced. No frame rate issues like last year.
-The rosters are missing some major prospects.
-Coca-Cola Bottle is in at Oracle Park.
-The left field wall scoreboard still does not work at Great American Ballpark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 02:15 AM   #26
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

The bat sounds....oh man. I just bounced a double of the CF wall with Acuna and the sound off the bat was AMAZING!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2020, 02:25 AM   #27
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

Just got a perfect perfect hit with directional hitting and that bat sound was amazing! I didn't even look at the hit feedback I just knew it from the sound of the bat.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Old 03-13-2020, 03:27 AM   #28
Rookie

wryan1978's Arena

OVR: 1

Bryce Harper has black sleeves and shoes again. Why? He was the cover athlete last year and they clearly updated his player model. Its a small thing but it’ll bother the hell out of me in March to October.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:55 AM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm loving this game so far. However I am having bit of trouble getting used to the new fielding aspects. I keep over throwing the ball too as I am having a hard time with the new throwing meter, but that should be something I get used to.

I mostly play with the Indians, but where the hell is Gavin Lux? Number 2 prospect in baseball and he is nowhere to be found. Plus he has MLB service time. Hope maybe a patch today will add him. I enjoy playing as the Dodgers but also was thinking about trying to trade for him in MTO as the Indians.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:01 AM   #30
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

So my early impressions are not too great. The game looks amazing, as it has been for the last few years, but I definitely see a few bugs. They aren’t major, so it’s just me being picky.

My main issue is hitting. I’m not claiming to be a top hitter or super skilled at the game (I don’t play DD, so I never go against players), but I definitely feel a difference from ‘19 to ‘20. I played 2 games, very small sample size I know, but I couldn’t make solid contact at all. First my settings are directional; I played a game on Dynamic difficulty (at All-Star) and I played one on HoF. In both instances, the pitch speed felt so slow. I had 53 early swings compared to 8 late, in the first game. In the second, I had 71 early and 20 late. I even increased the pitch speed twice in the second game, but still had early swings. I was getting weak contact all game. I’m sure it will get better with some adjusting, but damn it wasn’t fun. That’s just my thoughts though.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris
Old 03-13-2020, 05:04 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

I have to say this year has much exceeded my expectations. The game plays buttery smooth and looks amazing, especially on Sharper and HDR settings. Hard to describe but the everything is crisper and the details are sharp. It is largely the same game (in a good way) but you feel like you are playing something completely new.

The sound of the bat is simply spot on. Oh and perfect perfect!!! The players make realistic errors and take realistic routes to the ball. You can really see the difference now in players who have, for example, rocket arms like Baez. In my first game against Cubs CPU, Baez committed two errors though lol.

Stream just can't do this game justice. You have to get your hands on it to really appreciate the improvements. So far so good.

Last edited by knich; 03-13-2020 at 05:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #32
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Only got to play a few quick innings before I left for work this morning.

Game looks a lot like '19, which is to be expected. And I'm not even complaining really, the game looks great.

I was one who experienced some really bad framerate in '19 before they patched it. In the few innings I played of '20, with Balanced as my choice (I'll try Faster later), the game definitely plays a lot smoother than '19 when the ball is in play. I'm still seeing a lot of stutter/slow down in other areas though, such as when the fielders are throwing the ball around after an out, I'm still seeing the ghost/skipping baseball that looks weird. Also, when the ball is NOT in play, for instance a batter stepping out of the box or reacting to a strike 3 call, the game looks kind of weird too with stutter/slow down. I want to choose Faster later and see if this stutter remains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »