Home

MLB the Show 21: A Franchise Wishlist

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 21: A Franchise Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 21: A Franchise Wishlist

Maybe it's a small feature, but something like an available - Untouchable slider connected to each player, meaning if you put the slider all the way to the right the player is basically untouchable and won't be included in 99% of the deals (i.e. Wander Franco in terms of prospects, Acuna in terms of MLB players). Obviously available means just that.

In that case you could have a player like Lindor be set at 6 or 7 out of 10 which would indicate he could be had, but only in a very good deal for the Indians. Perhaps an option for the slider to adjust accordingly when contracts are getting shorter?
Old 04-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #18
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

That's a good list op. More roster spots has been my number 1 wish for a few years now. I would point out though, I don't even want A simmed. Part of the issue is the roster is way too restrictive. Having simmed A means you have to properly staff it, and therefore you have the same issue you had with 90 man rosters (very little roster flexibility).

I would totally give up playable AA for that. There aren't enough minor league stadiums anyways.

Some stuff I would add to the list:

Revamped Player Progression and Regression

Progression is fine for the most part. I just wish for two things.

1. A small chance for a 19 year old to be MLB ready.

2. Move it mostly to the offseason and ditch the training system in favour of a season exit player meetings system.

Regression on the other hand is plain awful in this game. They need to change it to being performance-based at the very least. I know a few here on the forums disagree with me on that point, and they have good reasons too, but I'm sticking to my guns and here is why: Morale and salary are tied to overall. You can have Mike Trout put up superstar numbers for the 12th season in a row, but if his overall is regressed into the 70s he's going to ask for platoon player numbers and expect that playtime. That's not how real life works.

Let us change game time temperature

It's so incredibly frustrating and un-immersive how cold any city north of San Diego is. There is no such thing as a hot night in Toronto apparently, so sayeth SDS. The irony of suffering the sweltering hot summers in Toronto while playing the freezing cold temperatures in the Show leaves a bitter taste.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #19
Just started!

JakeW1120's Arena

They should do like pick a game announcer how you choose if It’s mlb network or not. And we really need stadium builds
Old 07-20-2020, 08:04 PM   #20
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Realistic in game injuries and actual cut-scenes that accompany them. The most recent random injury I can think of involved the runner at first getting a concussion from an apparent ghost ball. No issues at the plate and the the next batter hit a fly ball to the warning track yet somehow the runner took a shot to the head according the the pop up. Yet I've had a number of pitchers get nailed in the head and "walk it off". Sports games have regressed when it comes to showing injuries. I don't want to see bones sticking out or players getting paralyzed or gruesome things but it's part of the game. I wonder if this is a players association or league rule or mandate preventing injuries from being shown.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Realistic in game injuries and actual cut-scenes that accompany them. The most recent random injury I can think of involved the runner at first getting a concussion from an apparent ghost ball. No issues at the plate and the the next batter hit a fly ball to the warning track yet somehow the runner took a shot to the head according the the pop up. Yet I've had a number of pitchers get nailed in the head and "walk it off". Sports games have regressed when it comes to showing injuries. I don't want to see bones sticking out or players getting paralyzed or gruesome things but it's part of the game. I wonder if this is a players association or league rule or mandate preventing injuries from being shown.
dunno, just my guess, it's maybe an ESRB E for Everyone thing. but that's a pure guess. are there other (fairly current) rated E games that depict injury?

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #22
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
dunno, just my guess, it's maybe an ESRB E for Everyone thing. but that's a pure guess. are there other (fairly current) rated E games that depict injury?
I know in FIFA players grab there shoulder or knee for most injuries. Occasionally you see the limp around a bit with hamstring jnjuries. A long time ago late 90s probably Madden had the little ambulance cart thing that used to come on the field. Haven't played Madden seriously since '08 though but I doubt they do anything like that now if they do anything at all.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:10 PM   #23
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Don’t show me the standings during the loading screen when the outcome of the other teams are already predetermined.

For example:

Before I start playing my game, Boston and I (Blue Jays) are tied for first. During the loading screen I see the standings being updated with Boston up a half game on me even though their game is supposably at the same time as mine.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #24
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPvdV
Maybe it's a small feature, but something like an available - Untouchable slider connected to each player, meaning if you put the slider all the way to the right the player is basically untouchable and won't be included in 99% of the deals (i.e. Wander Franco in terms of prospects, Acuna in terms of MLB players). Obviously available means just that.

In that case you could have a player like Lindor be set at 6 or 7 out of 10 which would indicate he could be had, but only in a very good deal for the Indians. Perhaps an option for the slider to adjust accordingly when contracts are getting shorter?

I like this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »