Home

When did rocket bunts start?

This is a discussion on When did rocket bunts start? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0
When did rocket bunts start?

I’m playing MLB 15 and the bunts are normal and not rockets. What game did this start with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 12:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: When did rocket bunts start?

17? been living with it for what seems like an eternity can't positively remember

A Work in Progress
Old 08-07-2020, 05:10 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

MLB ‘17

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2020, 05:20 AM   #4
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like '17, and idk why its still here. Complete removes the strategy of bunting a guy to second or trying to bunt for a hit because bunts in The Show nowadays are pretty much weak ground balls hit to the corner infielders.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

yep, same here. Bunting is useless with them hitting like normal swings. They need to fix this asap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Sounds like '17, and idk why its still here. Complete removes the strategy of bunting a guy to second or trying to bunt for a hit because bunts in The Show nowadays are pretty much weak ground balls hit to the corner infielders.
And all that to prevent DD online cheaters ...

Not sure about NBA2k Madden but in NHL game they have different online and offline settings of years now. They call it Tuner Set and they’re updating multiple times a season.

So they want to to stop online bunt cheaters ? Just release an updated online Tuner Set without impacting offline gameplay.

But hey...SDS are not what they’re used to be and they thing their future is all online kids smashing homeruns.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:33 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
And all that to prevent DD online cheaters ...

Not sure about NBA2k Madden but in NHL game they have different online and offline settings of years now. They call it Tuner Set and they’re updating multiple times a season.

So they want to to stop online bunt cheaters ? Just release an updated online Tuner Set without impacting offline gameplay.

But hey...SDS are not what they’re used to be and they thing their future is all online kids smashing homeruns.
Exactly.

What's sad is they programmed the CPU to acknowledge this and essentially make a house rule where they don't throw to 2B most of the time even if they can get them out. Sadly, they still sacrifice with their guys and I don't play with that house rule, so I get a lot of fielder's choice plays on those.

Fix this **** offline. If you need to have "rocket bunts" to prevent a game exploit, and if you need to remove your first baseman from the bag on base hits to prevent a game exploit, and if you need corner outfielders to shade the lines and all outfielders to play further from the wall to prevent a game exploit, then something is wrong with your game.

I'm fine with that for the PS4 era, but it's reasons like this why I'm really hoping the PS5 version is built from the ground up.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-08-2020, 05:17 AM   #8
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Recently I got a bunt down for a base hit and thought it was a bug. Generally I get a force out or a DP.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »