Home

MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 21 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2021, 11:17 PM   #201
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

The post season needs some work. A few things that bug me
I just played a night game in October in Chicago and everyone had on short sleeves
Shrink the rotations down to a four man
Pitchers don’t seem to recover stamina on off days like they do in the regular season. Four days rest isn’t enough to get a starter’s stamina to 100%
Let us set our roster before each round, instead of needing to do it Sept 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2021, 11:54 PM   #202
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

I want them to add some urgency in certain fielding situations. Outfielder diving/jumping and misses the ball and there's no urgency to recover the ball as its just rolling farther away, shallow fly ball *stares into space* bruh, why are you jogging to pick it up meanwhile the slow as frozen molasses pitcher somehow stretches it to a double.

In general hope there are a lot of new minor animations that help clean up some of the transitions across the board everything from pitching, fielding and batting theres a lot of little animations that are missing that would make it that much more realistic.

And of course it's been mentioned already but bring back the full animation of the catcher throwing it back to the mound. That just breaks the immersion everytime.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 01-24-2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #203
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Numbers to spring training uniforms. Why is that so hard to do? I would also like the option to run with a 4 or 6 man rotation at times.

Last edited by franch1se; 01-24-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 1

An issue I have had with The Show over the years as an Angels fan is how high the roofline is in the upper deck compared to the top row of seats. It is insanely higher in the game than it is in real life, producing an unsightly gap in wide shots of the stadium.

First picture is MLB 20 The Show, second picture is from the 2020 season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MLB20TS Angel Stadium.jpg (163.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Angel-Stadium 2020.jpg (245.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 01-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #205
Just started!

They need to get rid of “closing pitcher” as a position. I play a lot of franchise mode and as you go on in the years, there are a lot of teams with poor bullpens and it ruins the competitiveness of the season sometimes.

Some of the CPU-controlled teams will have relief pitchers in the low 70s ratings, sometimes high 60s. Meanwhile they’ll also have a few “closing pitchers” in the minors that are high 70s sometimes low 80s. But since it’s technically set as it’s own position, the CPU-controlled teams don’t bring them up to improve the bullpen.

Just stick to having relief pitchers. You already have a slot in the pitching screen to put a closer. You don’t need to call it it’s own position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2021, 11:44 PM   #206
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atbat3
They need to get rid of “closing pitcher” as a position. I play a lot of franchise mode and as you go on in the years, there are a lot of teams with poor bullpens and it ruins the competitiveness of the season sometimes.

Some of the CPU-controlled teams will have relief pitchers in the low 70s ratings, sometimes high 60s. Meanwhile they’ll also have a few “closing pitchers” in the minors that are high 70s sometimes low 80s. But since it’s technically set as it’s own position, the CPU-controlled teams don’t bring them up to improve the bullpen.

Just stick to having relief pitchers. You already have a slot in the pitching screen to put a closer. You don’t need to call it it’s own position.
Just go in and edit the closers to relief pitchers. That's what I do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »