Home

Shortened MLB schedule

This is a discussion on Shortened MLB schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #25
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shortened MLB schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateoftheFranchise
None of these sports are gonna finish their seasons this year with how easily COVID can spread....I would rather it be under control (treatments/vaccination) than to try to squeeze water out of a rock
Good luck with that, there probably won't even be a vaccine. don't know why people think there will be soon, it's either now or never with a lot of things. it was funny as hell when American thought April 9 MLB was delayed too then people who thought it was 'seasonal' and that it would 'burn out' come June. and by July life would be normal again. yet places like India are HOT every day and getting worse. things a staying like this for a long time. things will not get any better or worse before March 2021. so it could be the death of sport if we are gonna keep letting Covid control out lives instead of controlling it.

down here in Australia we along with new Zealand have been the only countries to the control the damm thing in a REAL way and our NRL comp has been able to go ahead since May 28 without issues. only outbreak lately is in 1 state. but thats only 40 cases a day nothing compared to the rest of the world that are getting.

Bring MLB to Australia we will run a safe comp in 2021
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #26
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADodgerMan
This is the first time EVER I have agreed with a Giant fan. Amazing!!
i dont understand why u feel that way the dogers are fav this year
Old 06-28-2020, 11:28 PM   #27
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i dont understand why u feel that way the dogers are fav this year
you know it is a joke when the dodgers are projected to win 38 games... yes 38 games and that is the MOST,, that means you can make the playoffs by winning about 33 games this year.. bad teams who might have a good month it favors. it makes it to wide open. dodgers and Yankees are 2 teams that are disadvantaged here. the Rays are a team that will love this and a perfect case in point if they win a world series on 60 games they would hold a astricks.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #28
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
you know it is a joke when the dodgers are projected to win 38 games... yes 38 games and that is the MOST,, that means you can make the playoffs by winning about 33 games this year.. bad teams who might have a good month it favors. it makes it to wide open. dodgers and Yankees are 2 teams that are disadvantaged here. the Rays are a team that will love this and a perfect case in point if they win a world series on 60 games they would hold a astricks.
i am a yankees fan but in my opinion we dont match up well against khershaw buluer and if cole wife has her baby in oct he will not pitch most likely
Old 06-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #29
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i am a yankees fan but in my opinion we dont match up well against khershaw buluer and if cole wife has her baby in oct he will not pitch most likely
Don't forget though that the DH rule favors teams like the Yankees now in a world series they can stack up more power in NL home games.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #30
Rookie

NHL and NBA are the only sports leagues who have a good argument to get started again. MLBs opening day is still almost a month away. Who knows where we are in a week let alone a month in terms of Covid. Stupid decision on MLBs part and good on the players who have backed out on playing this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #31
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanreeser
NHL and NBA are the only sports leagues who have a good argument to get started again. MLBs opening day is still almost a month away. Who knows where we are in a week let alone a month in terms of Covid. Stupid decision on MLBs part and good on the players who have backed out on playing this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
We are in the middle here in Australia of Winter and only one state is having a bit of spike in cases. and that's about 70 a day the last few days.. I have to laugh at the comments on here in March and social media from America who thought that it was seasonal and it would just die come June and July in their summer time. I never understood why people thought this when India it is 40 degrees C everyday there. and they are having major issues.

Things and life are just gonna keep getting pushed back, we might not even get a vaccine. as far as sports go it is either now or never. this time next year we could be no different to where we are now around the world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #32
Banned

I'll just be happy to stop hearing "... to start the season... they come in ... in a real funk..."

You'd think Seattle Studios would have patched that nonsense by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »