Home

Funny commentary

This is a discussion on Funny commentary within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2020, 10:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Funny commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
This is why playing with commentary off is more immersive. It has a feel that you are on the field and you don't get to use audio cues to assist your play.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
I've gotten to where only my Saturday games are commentary on. 26-27 games are enough to hear what the Show has to offer.

I can also focus on the task at hand better when I'm not trying to also fill the role of spectator.

A Work in Progress
Old 09-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I've gotten to where only my Saturday games are commentary on. 26-27 games are enough to hear what the Show has to offer.

I can also focus on the task at hand better when I'm not trying to also fill the role of spectator.
I've thought about just turning the commentary on for MLB Network games, or even just the playoffs to stimulate added pressure and distraction during big games, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

It's a combination of Dan being truly awful, and having played without commentary for so long that having it on feels unnatural.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-07-2020, 11:07 AM   #11
MVP

forme95's Arena

Just played my 3rd game with the commentary off, and wow what a difference. Much more immersible and way better. Why didnt I think of this sooner. I guess I liked the broadcast. I may adopt the approach of just for MLB Network games and Post Season.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #12
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

If they'd just shut up for a second.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Pnflkc3's Arena

OVR: 1

Still waiting for them to bring back individual announcer volume. Would only leave Matty turned up.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnflkc3
Still waiting for them to bring back individual announcer volume. Would only leave Matty turned up.
When did they get rid of this? tbh, haven't throught to do it in years but I loved having a one-man booth with Matty V. Would sometimes turn up the second announcer (Lyons? Truly can't remember it's been years) for League Championship and World Series games. Added that extra dynamic of making a playoff game feel "bigger"
Old 09-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Whats some of the funny commentary you have heard in The Show. Heres a few of my favorite

Just had..... "This guy absolutely hammers left handed hitting" the batter is hitting .083 vs LHP

My all time favorite for Carlos Santana "One of the best on base percentage guys" 78 vision 99 discipline and has 3x more strikeouts then walks and guarantees a strike out every time he makes that comment lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
is it possible the comments are based on LHP contact & power rating and not actual stats ?

who's that guy and what his batting rating in your roster ? I'm just curious to see if it's the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
is it possible the comments are based on LHP contact & power rating and not actual stats ?

who's that guy and what his batting rating in your roster ? I'm just curious to see if it's the case.
I honestly don't remember. I want to say it was Moncado or someone from KC. Its my carryover franchise, so players have moved. I'm sure it is based on attributes more then actual stats. Its just funny.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »