Home

Is this the worst live roster ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the worst live roster ever? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The live rosters were terrific until last year when they started doing the full minors crap. They got too hung up on "prospects" versus producing an accurate representation of the minors that meshes with the franchise mode.

The so-called "hardcore" franchise community begged for it and got it...welp....you reap what you sow.

It is why I always wait for updated full minors rosters and make my own custom edits.

Previous live rosters being terrific is subjective. A lot of fans loved the OSFM rosters (me included).

In fact in year 5 of my Yankees chise using OSFM 1.5 from 2017, my league is doing fantastic.

But there are a lot of new players this season finding these things out for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-22-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #10
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Is this the worst live roster ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Or you can take some time, fix the things that bother you or that are incorrect and then go about playing the game instead of waiting on rosters.

Is it annoying to have to fix things? Sure. But at least you're not fully at the mercy of SDS or anyone else to make the correction as you have the same ability within the game.

I added players missing, fixed some errors, made additional changes that I wanted in the game and am off playing and enjoying the game (franchise)
The roster that came with the game was okay. There were a lot of players (CAPS) that helped, but there was the problem that they had last year, i.e., the same couple of faces on multiple players (CAPS). I got to work downloading players from the vault and filling in and was making good progress.

Wake up this morning to see the vaults were pretty much wiped out. If they were trying to fix the ROSTER vault (which only had one page of rosters) it didn't work as you still get the error code.

I never and haven't yet begun my franchise because I like to do my own rosters (including borrowing players from the vault).
Old 04-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
The roster that came with the game was okay. There were a lot of players (CAPS) that helped, but there was the problem that they had last year, i.e., the same couple of faces on multiple players (CAPS). I got to work downloading players from the vault and filling in and was making good progress.

Wake up this morning to see the vaults were pretty much wiped out. If they were trying to fix the ROSTER vault (which only had one page of rosters) it didn't work as you still get the error code.

I never and haven't yet begun my franchise because I like to do my own rosters (including borrowing players from the vault).

Exactly. The game gives you tools to mold and edit rosters.

For all the new XBOX players, dive into the rosters and have at it. If you are not into that kinda thing and want a functional accurate roster sit tight for Ridins FM which should drop in a few weeks. They do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Or you can take some time, fix the things that bother you or that are incorrect and then go about playing the game instead of waiting on rosters.

Is it annoying to have to fix things? Sure. But at least you're not fully at the mercy of SDS or anyone else to make the correction as you have the same ability within the game.

I added players missing, fixed some errors, made additional changes that I wanted in the game and am off playing and enjoying the game (franchise)
To my knowledge you can’t fix the age issue on the rosters. Every prospect is listed 1-2 years younger than they actually are. 20 year old Wander Franco is probably going to debut sometime this summer in real life. On the game he is 18. 18 year olds don’t play in the majors. Am I supposed to just not call him up this year? Wait til 2023 and call him up at 20? Or can they just do the bare minimum and give up updated rosters??
Old 04-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #13
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The live rosters were terrific until last year when they started doing the full minors crap. They got too hung up on "prospects" versus producing an accurate representation of the minors that meshes with the franchise mode.

The so-called "hardcore" franchise community begged for it and got it...welp....you reap what you sow.
This is ridiculous to me. Player ratings are not messed up because of a few hundred prospects lol.

Player ratings are garbage because you can only have a certain amount of Gold and silver cards in DD to sale. Plus player ratings go out the window when every year you produce “future star” or “special cards” where you give players unrealistic ratings they will never achieve. I remember last year they were releasing 99 overall cards for prospects they were Calling “future star” cards for players who have never logged an inning in pro baseball. They were doing it with non prospects to. Why would you want josh Donaldson 80 overall gold card when you can get an MVP flashback with 112 vs right handed power card.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the base roster. Why update player ratings when you are just going to sale a “fake” version of that player later that people are going to want instead of their real card.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar

I acknowledged there were errors. My point was that while its frustrating, annoying, and tedious, the user has the ability to "fix" their issues without being forced to wait for SDS or someone else to fix it for them.

The roster bug is annoying, disruptive, and frustrating, but at least you can still make corrections on your own, if you choose to do so.

Either way, I hope this issue is resolved soon so that people can get a roster they feel comfortable with to play the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #15
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

What kills me is that they waited until three weeks after the season started and they still can’t include all of the players on the real Opening Day rosters? They’ve all played an MLB game - put them in. Heck, Shogo Ayikama played all last year and he’s still missing. It’s just plain shoddy work. But hey, the DD players are happy so that’s all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
Rookie

Fours's Arena

Quote:
I acknowledged there were errors. My point was that while its frustrating, annoying, and tedious, the user has the ability to "fix" their issues without being forced to wait for SDS or someone else to fix it for them.

The roster bug is annoying, disruptive, and frustrating, but at least you can still make corrections on your own, if you choose to do so.

Either way, I hope this issue is resolved soon so that people can get a roster they feel comfortable with to play the game.
I hardly think it's too much to expect a licensed sports game to have accurate rosters several weeks into the season.

Every team I've looked at needs large scale edits, hours for work for every single customer. Can we please stop accepting that developers live in a magic bubble where they shouldn't be responsible for their work? The amazing OS community bails them out on the roster side every year, and they couldn't even spent the 90 seconds required to make sure that works.

I shouldn't have to complain - they should be embarrassed and step forward before selling 4 day early access with an apology, and next steps to fix it.

More than anything, please stop making ridiculous statements like return the game, or fix it yourself. Spend 10 seconds comparing that approach to any other situation.. What's your next advice, prevent a robbery by willingly giving them your money, crank your head off a brick wall so they don't assault you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »