Home

For the indecisive franchise guy

This is a discussion on For the indecisive franchise guy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #9
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For the indecisive franchise guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFrigge2
I’m having trouble deciding between my favorite team the Yankees or rebuilding the pirates. I normally like rebuilding but I’ve only ever gotten far with bad teams on ncaa madden and fifa. With mlb I never get that far. So that’s what’s driving me towards the Yankees. But I know if I do the Yankees I’ll have that feeling that I wanna rebuild even though i know I prob won’t end up getting far.

That’s why I always pick a middle team. It’s impossible to rebuild a horrible team like the pirates and play every game ( I like to play every game every pitch )

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
That’s why I always pick a middle team. It’s impossible to rebuild a horrible team like the pirates and play every game ( I like to play every game every pitch )

I'm retired and I use the Pirates and I play every pitch until I'm eliminated from the playoffs. I hated to give up my carry over franchise because I finally had them in a place to compete for a playoff spot and now have to repeat the process. I also use restrictive trade house rules.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:48 AM   #11
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2
For the indecisive franchise guy

Cool thread. I don’t have 21 and part of the reason is I have a 3rd year (which is 2021 nicely) Mets franchise I started on MLB 19 that I just keep coming back too. I’ve lost the first two years in the NLDS 3-1 to LA and Cincinnati but this year is our year haha. Currently first at 45-30 and it’s between us and braves most likely for division this year (theyre 44-31).
I don’t play every game because I do want to get deeper into my franchise. I rotate SP starts so really I play once every 6th game minimum. If I make the playoffs, I play every game.

I’m a Rockies fan and normally use them but this Mets franchise is nice because the team was a few years away when I stared in MLB 19 but also not farfetched to go deep into the playoffs either.

Like OP, I’m a sucker for realism but since this franchise was started ridin 2019 rosters, most the team is in line with rosters today but it allows me to let down that realism guard snd step into a slight different baseball universe.

If you’re thinking the Mets, they’ve been the most fun team I’ve played with and are the reason I haven’t picked up 21 haha.

Last edited by hockeyyt988; 05-13-2021 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2021, 03:16 AM   #12
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I go thru this every year. I love baseball but i dont have favorite teams just favorite players. I dont know what team to be in franchise. The options so far would be Mets padres dodgers white Sox Yankees white Sox braves. Usually. I have to do music and by the time i finish i never really get to play but now since i dont have to do music, i can jump in but dont know who to be. I would like to do all 162 games never done that before.

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 05-13-2021, 05:50 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Mariners, Angels and Rangers would all be fun....EXCEPT I can't play with rival AL West teams as an A's fan. Stupid I know but can't beat up on Oakland for years. Can't play as Oakland wither because I get too attached to my players. Don't wanna move any of them. I was contemplating Mets with that pitching staff but they're basically ready to go, Miami just needs to wait as they have SO many prospects ready to go. Cleveland sounds fun but the whole Indians or not thing bugs me and idk if I'd make a rebrand or just continue as Cleveland and maybe just take the Indian logo off their chest and if I could remove the Indians logo in the stadium I'd be set for the realism part. Love the stadium and rather not build a new one.

Is keeping Bieber and Ramirez even a possibility for Cleveland? Maybe I move Ramirez as I believe they have a kid coming up soon, maybe move Ramirez for some 2021-22 ready prospects. Idk man lol. I overthink it.

You should try the Orioles. They are tough to rebuild

Old 05-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #14
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoppel
You should try the Orioles. They are tough to rebuild

Thats what I’m doing! Can’t get enough of those jerseys too, I’ve always loved their threads.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:35 AM   #15
Rookie

When I get around to one, I'm thinking either the Blue Jays (my team IRL) or the Angels.

The Blue Jays have a great core that would be fun to build onto. They also need a lot of pitching help. They aren't overpowered or completely hopeless so honestly, this is the best year in a long time to start a franchise with them.

For The Angels, I just think it would be fun to try and manage Ohtani's playing time throughout a season while trying to turn them into an actual contender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

New day, New options. Liked the Mets shout and still like the idea as the budget would be something I've never had before as well as still competing with Atlanta and LA just to win the pennant let alone the world series. Minnesota might be fun, they are yearning for a playoff victory let alone a series win. They also have a little more building to do with the team. Toronto could be fun as they have to compete with NY, Tampa and eventually Boston again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »