Home

For the indecisive franchise guy

This is a discussion on For the indecisive franchise guy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

What teams are you using and why? Maybe you can convince those of us that can't decide on what team to use.
I've flipped and flopped between Miami and the young pitching staff and prospects to the New York Mets and being able to sign and trade for whoever I want and now leaning Cleveland and possibly building around Ramirez, Bieber and a rebrand to the Cleveland baseball team with a new stadium and what not. I'm such a stickler for realism that it's almost a detriment to me.
What teams are you all using and what's the thought process or storyline/plan for your team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m in the same boat with you for Cleveland. they are PERFECT to use but the realism aspect of that drags me away.

I went with the Mariners. I love the uniforms. Speed and defense literally everywhere. Top farm system. HUGE stadium. Even though it’s a “rebuild” you got story lines every where.

- can Evan white hit? He’s already a gold glover, can you develop him into a hitter?

-sell Paxton, Kyle Seager right away? Or are you going to add a few pieces and try to contend for a wild card? Because honestly it can go either way.

-Is JP Crawford your SS of the future?

-one thing I had to fix is they can’t hit lefties worth crap, so I brought in Candelario from Detroit

- top prospects in the outfield, are you bringing them up ASAP or letting the develop a bit, maybe trade one?

I just love the team on paper for franchise reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Re: For the indecisive franchise guy

I love baseball, but I'm a Braves fan. It would be wrong for me to use any other team. I don't care how good or bad they are, they're who I'm using. Having said that, if you use 30 team control you can play any game on the schedule for any team that you want.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Mariners, Angels and Rangers would all be fun....EXCEPT I can't play with rival AL West teams as an A's fan. Stupid I know but can't beat up on Oakland for years. Can't play as Oakland wither because I get too attached to my players. Don't wanna move any of them. I was contemplating Mets with that pitching staff but they're basically ready to go, Miami just needs to wait as they have SO many prospects ready to go. Cleveland sounds fun but the whole Indians or not thing bugs me and idk if I'd make a rebrand or just continue as Cleveland and maybe just take the Indian logo off their chest and if I could remove the Indians logo in the stadium I'd be set for the realism part. Love the stadium and rather not build a new one.
Is keeping Bieber and Ramirez even a possibility for Cleveland? Maybe I move Ramirez as I believe they have a kid coming up soon, maybe move Ramirez for some 2021-22 ready prospects. Idk man lol. I overthink it.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Mariners, Angels and Rangers would all be fun....EXCEPT I can't play with rival AL West teams as an A's fan. Stupid I know but can't beat up on Oakland for years. Can't play as Oakland wither because I get too attached to my players. Don't wanna move any of them. I was contemplating Mets with that pitching staff but they're basically ready to go, Miami just needs to wait as they have SO many prospects ready to go. Cleveland sounds fun but the whole Indians or not thing bugs me and idk if I'd make a rebrand or just continue as Cleveland and maybe just take the Indian logo off their chest and if I could remove the Indians logo in the stadium I'd be set for the realism part. Love the stadium and rather not build a new one.

Is keeping Bieber and Ramirez even a possibility for Cleveland? Maybe I move Ramirez as I believe they have a kid coming up soon, maybe move Ramirez for some 2021-22 ready prospects. Idk man lol. I overthink it.

As an Indians fan, sadly no...past Bieber’s contract they’ll never keep Bieber being that the biggest contract they’ve ever gave out is 60 million. Bieber will command over 300 million. The good thing is Bieber is under contract for a little while

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
I love baseball, but I'm a Braves fan. It would be wrong for me to use any other team. I don't care how good or bad they are, they're who I'm using. Having said that, if you use 30 team control you can play any game on the schedule for any team that you want.
I used to hate the Braves back in the 90s when they dominated the National League. But now I kind of like them. It's weird but people can change. I am however a glutton for punishment as I am also a Rockies fan and that team (especially their ownership/management) is just horrible. You really need to be a diehard to play 162 games on a team that will lose 100+ games and well I am not so sure I am into subjecting myself to that much abuse. LOL

So yes if I was to start a new franchise in this game, the Braves are one of the few National League teams I might pick, plus there aren't that many American League teams that would draw me in either.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-12-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

I play manage mode exclusively and until now I had a relocated Pirates carry over franchise for several reasons.

I like the NL Central.

Pirates are a challenge because they have a low payroll which limits the ability to add talent and forces me to be creative and resourceful.

When I get my ps5 I intend to begin another Pirates relocated franchise and they are probably the worst roster to start with at this point in time. I like a challenge.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #8
Rookie

MFrigge2's Arena

OVR: 5

I’m having trouble deciding between my favorite team the Yankees or rebuilding the pirates. I normally like rebuilding but I’ve only ever gotten far with bad teams on ncaa madden and fifa. With mlb I never get that far. So that’s what’s driving me towards the Yankees. But I know if I do the Yankees I’ll have that feeling that I wanna rebuild even though i know I prob won’t end up getting far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »