Home

The Official Bellator Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Bellator Thread within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #57
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Official Bellator Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I bet Dana's pissed.
I think so but I dont know why Dana would be surprised. Randy's always done the smart thing and gone for the money. He signed his own video game deal. He tried to sue the UFC to get out of his contract so he could fight Fedor. Spike probably paid him a boatload of money.

I dont think this signing is a big deal though. Couture isnt fighting for Bellator and no one is going to tune into Bellator's reality show just because Couture is on it.

This Thursday is HUGE for Bellator. This is the first week they wont have a championship fight or big name on the card. It will be interesting to see of they can hold the ratings from the last two weeks.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #58
a Coors Light in my hand

jfRED33's Arena

OVR: 13

Free MMA Alert: Alexander Shlemenko vs. Maiquel Falcao tonight on SPIKE for Bellator's Vacant Middleweight Championship!

Marlon Sandro is also in action.

#GBR 8-1
#FEARAMEER
#BEATIOWA

BE ROYAL IN 2015!
"The Notorious" Conor McGregor
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #59
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Missed last week's show but I caught the first two weeks. Just wanted to come in and say I really like how Bellator structures it's ladder so that you have the tourneys going on and champs fighting every four months, none of that title holder only having 1 or 2 fights a year bs.
Only thing I would say is that they could do a better job giving viewers an overall idea of what point in the tourney all the divisions are at, either with an app or clearer website

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Missed last week's show but I caught the first two weeks. Just wanted to come in and say I really like how Bellator structures it's ladder so that you have the tourneys going on and champs fighting every four months, none of that title holder only having 1 or 2 fights a year bs.
Only thing I would say is that they could do a better job giving viewers an overall idea of what point in the tourney all the divisions are at, either with an app or clearer website

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Not completely true. Michael Chandler went 14 mos before he defended his belt. The problem with the tourney format is that as champion you have to wait for a tourney winner to defend your belt. If the guy who won the tourney gets hurt....tough ****. You have to wait for him to get healthy to defend your belt. Bellator wont let the tourney runnerup or anyone else fight for the belt.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #61
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not completely true. Michael Chandler went 14 mos before he defended his belt. The problem with the tourney format is that as champion you have to wait for a tourney winner to defend your belt. If the guy who won the tourney gets hurt....tough ****. You have to wait for him to get healthy to defend your belt. Bellator wont let the tourney runnerup or anyone else fight for the belt.
Thanks for the information. I thought they started another tourney the same event as the title fight, wouldn't it make sense to have the next tourney winner fight the champ? 14 mos with only the challenger injured is awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #62
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

What do you guys think about Douglas Lima?

If he went to the UFC, I think he would give the whole division a run for it's money... I see a ton of talent and potential in him..

Chelsea FC
Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #63
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
What do you guys think about Douglas Lima?

If he went to the UFC, I think he would give the whole division a run for it's money... I see a ton of talent and potential in him..
Good talent, a lot of power but wrestlers would be his downfall, and WW is very wrestler heavy.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Good talent, a lot of power but wrestlers would be his downfall, and WW is very wrestler heavy.
Completely agree. I used to watch him on HDNET before he went to Bellator and I thought he has a great future. Wrestlers are going to be a problem but I'm not sure if it wrestlers in general or just elite wrestlers like Askren.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »