Home

UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor

This is a discussion on UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 229: Khabib v McGregor

Anyone watching the press conference or "the first face off"? This should be pretty entertaining to say the least.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Con...the-UFC-142747

Conor McGregor Signs New Eight-Fight Deal With the UFC

McGregor’s deal with the UFC includes sponsorship of his new whiskey brand, Proper Whiskey, which will be sponsored for every McGregor fight within the promotion.

"You bet your bollocks it is," McGregor said, when asked if the logo of his whiskey would be on the Octagon canvas. "On the canvas. On the canvas. Like [Nurmagomedov's] blood will be on the canvas."

“The Notorious” also stands to cash in on pay-per-view points, of which McGregor will receive a portion on every card he headlines.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #11
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Conor bringing the belts that he never gave back to the UFC is gold lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #12
Pro

Interesting press conference. Conor came in acting a bit unstable, like he wasn’t on his game, yet compensated for this by really forcing his act. He clearly had a lot of script memorization to do; like all the stuff about his new proper 12 whiskey. But it just seemed really forced and unnatural, in an extreme way, like what Colby does. Conor when he’s on his game is usually much more relaxed, and his trash talk is natural.

Khabib seemed way in control, clearly came in way more relaxed and confident. His confidence was exuding so strongly, he actually had Conor verbally asking Khabib to “stop” or “let me talk”. I haven’t seen that since McGregor did it to Mendes at a presser (he had Mendes trying to stop him from talking). Khabib really dominated the psychological aspects of this presser. He was so serious, and adamant on factual discussion, the intensity really penetrated Conor’s front.

Only win for Conor during the presser was the death threats. Basically he said that if Khabib pulls out, Conor will have him killed. It was strongly implied several times. It definitely seemed to concern Khabib.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 09-21-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Conor McGregor Signs New Eight-Fight Deal With the UFC
Interesting..... And he signed it BEFORE the Khabib fight.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Interesting press conference. Conor came in acting a bit unstable, like he wasn’t on his game, yet compensated for this by really forcing his act. He clearly had a lot of script memorization to do; like all the stuff about his new proper 12 whiskey. But it just seemed really forced and unnatural, in an extreme way, like what Colby does. Conor when he’s on his game is usually much more relaxed, and his trash talk is natural.

Khabib seemed way in control, clearly came in way more relaxed and confident. His confidence was exuding so strongly, he actually had Conor verbally asking Khabib to “stop” or “let me talk”. I haven’t seen that since McGregor did it to Mendes at a presser (he had Mendes trying to stop him from talking). Khabib really dominated the psychological aspects of this presser. He was so serious, and adamant on factual discussion, the intensity really penetrated Conor’s front.

Only win for Conor during the presser was the death threats. Basically he said that if Khabib pulls out, Conor will have him killed. It was strongly implied several times. It definitely seemed to concern Khabib.
What it looked like to me was more like a drunk guy and a sober guy arguing. I think the reason Conor seemed so unstable was definitely cuz he was under the influence of something. Whether it be proper 12 or a line of coke lol. As far as intimidation, neither man seemed intimidated by the other really, but they both seemed to get under each others skin with certain comments.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I highly, highly doubt he was on coke. I'm fairly certain Conor on cocaine is hilarious.

I'm guessing he was near drunk and super annoyed the fans weren't allowed to attended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I highly, highly doubt he was on coke. I'm fairly certain Conor on cocaine is hilarious.

I'm guessing he was near drunk and super annoyed the fans weren't allowed to attended.
He was definitely drunk, but I think there was some kind of upper that had him moving around and fidgeting, sweating. Maybe was just nervous but he isn't usually like that.

He doesn't have to stop until 12 hours before, so I doubt he has yet. Although maybe he did stop and was having withdrawals?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »