Home

LD2K Challenge

This is a discussion on LD2K Challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: LD2K Challenge

Yep, the gameplay sliders feel like they're on the usual gross Hall of Fame cheese, as wide open threes with Pink Diamond Larry Bird were getting graded as B+ shots.

You'll need to be good at getting perfect "green" release if you want to take a lot of outside shots in this challenge.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #18
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yep, the gameplay sliders feel like they're on the usual gross Hall of Fame cheese, as wide open threes with Pink Diamond Larry Bird were getting graded as B+ shots.

You'll need to be good at getting perfect "green" release if you want to take a lot of outside shots in this challenge.
Game only lets your first 2 shots offline to be perfect with a player then its always early or late so you have to shoot with another player for chance at perfect, which is bull****.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LD2K confirmed that the difficulty is on Hall of Fame.

He also said that originally the challenge was going to be limited to current Celtics players only, and the reward was going to be a Sapphire Kobe card. But nobody on QA could beat the challenge, so they ended up letting people use classic Celtics players as well, and dropped the reward down to 12K MT.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 11

Beat this challenge fairly easily as I won by around 15 points. This was my line-up:

PG: John Stockton (Sapphire) / Rajon Rondo
SG: Marcus Thornton / Michael Jordan (Sapphire)
SF: Chris Mullin (Sapphire) / Dominique Wilkins (Sapphire) / Scott Wedman
PF: Kevin Durant (Pink Diamond) / Brandon Bass
C: Bill Russell (Sapphire) / Isaiah Austin (Emerald) / Joel Anthony / John Thompson

They made their runs throughout but it really just takes focusing on defense throughout the game and not forcing up 3-pointers. I let the 3's come naturally and ran pick-and-rolls as often as I could. Also, taking advantage of match-ups (like Gail Goodrich being their backup SG) is very important as Jordan had a field day when being guarded by him.

Hope others were able to complete this challenge relatively easily!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #21
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Beat it first try.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

So are the sliders as bad on this one as the two brothers challenge? I tried that one time and saw it wasn't worth the frustration. I don't mind a tough game I just hate the cheese play.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
So are the sliders as bad on this one as the two brothers challenge? I tried that one time and saw it wasn't worth the frustration. I don't mind a tough game I just hate the cheese play.
If you're on PS4, where the patch is already out, then the Hall of Fame difficulty cheese isn't as bad as it used to be pre-patch.

But it's still pretty dang cheesy.

The CPU's Ruby Magic Johnson (76 three point rating) had no trouble making contested threes in this challenge.

But I had Pink Diamond Larry Bird in my lineup (98 three point rating), and he was getting graded down to a B+ shot on wide-open threes with no defender around.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the reply. Are open threes a lost cause altogether on this one? I hate having to abandon realistic play and just drive at the rim all game but for 12k mt I will if that's what it takes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »