Home

LD2K Challenge

This is a discussion on LD2K Challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #25
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LD2K Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
So are the sliders as bad on this one as the two brothers challenge? I tried that one time and saw it wasn't worth the frustration. I don't mind a tough game I just hate the cheese play.

Not even close to as bad as that garbage challenge.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks guys. I know it seems stupid to ask questions about these challenges instead of just playing them but my gaming time is extremely limited these days. Really appreciate the feedback.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
Thanks for the reply. Are open threes a lost cause altogether on this one? I hate having to abandon realistic play and just drive at the rim all game but for 12k mt I will if that's what it takes.
They're definitely not a lost cause, but they shouldn't be your go-to scoring method.

I shot:

56/92 from the field (61%)
15/30 from three (50%)
26/27 from the line (96%)

My threes came from:

Larry Bird (6 of 10)
Detlef Schrempf (6 of 8)
Avery Bradley (1 of 6)
Nick Anderson (1 of 4)
John Havlicek (1 of 1)
Oscar Robertson (0 of 1)
Old 03-17-2015, 11:58 PM   #28
Rookie

This is my first year playing NBA 2K and I guess I really, really suck at this game. I tried this LD2K challenge and I thought I had a pretty competitive line up with Gary Payton, Hondo, KD, Cousins, and Hakeem starting and my second unit of Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, LBJ, McHale and Parrish but I could not defend or make many shots. I shot only 43% to LD2K 59% and lost by 57 points! I have gotten beaten this bad before in challenges but only when 2K makes you play with all bronze or some silver and some bronze!

My D is terrible I guess. I tried on ball and off ball, Man, zone and I could not stop them with anything I did.

I have players that are pretty good on D too!

I do not understand how someone can beat this challenge. It seems you have to have a perfect release every time for it to go in, IMO.

Other modes, like domination and some challenges or more forgiving, IMO.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

On defense, I found that it was best to just double team off whichever big man is furthest from the basket.

Shaq and Wilt won't be hurting you with their jump shots. So take control of the man that's guarding one of them, and use that defender to go for steals/traps.

If both of the AI's big men are in the paint, though, you'll want to stay at home, so you don't give up an offensive rebound. Only bring the helper over when Shaq/Wilt wander out to the perimeter.

Being extremely physical with Shaq/Wilt whenever they get the ball in deep isn't a bad strategy, either, since both have low-50s free throw ratings.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-18-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:11 AM   #30
Pro

I lost in my third try, lost the first half by 30, won the second half by 10. My lineup was:

PG: Sapphire Oscar / Rondo
SG: Onyx T-Mac / Sam Jones
SF: Diamond Durant / Ruby Havlicek
PF: Bird / Melo
C: Sapphire Jordan / Parish

Kobe and West were killing me with their shots, thei shot around 80%. Shaq is simply unstoppable in the paint, I tried everything, off-ball, double team. Contesting shots is completely useless, either they ignore your defense or you get a foul call. Even boxouts are not possible, Shaq and Wilt are still getting the rebounds. While my players miss open layouts, the CPU hits every contested shot. Only reason why i won the second half was because my starters played the reserves for the whole 4th quarter. I had 13 free throws in the whole game, while the cpu had 38, Shaq hitting 6 of 8.

For me it's nothing but frustration, this has nothing to do with basketball.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #31
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Took 3 tries for me. Lost on a Kobe buzzer beater 3 pointer game 1. Lost by 5 in game 2. And won in OT in game 3. I used Ruby Payton/Clyde/Dominique/Russell/Hakeem with Ruby Havlicek, Sapphire MJ and silver Celtics off the bench.

Shaq was killing Hakeem but couldn't do anything against Russell. I would often double team off one of the two big guys. Jordan abused their second string. I took open 3 pointers. Worthy sleeps on D sometimes and he'll play off a good 3 point shooter. Hakeem shot about 80% on post ups. I quickly realized layups/dunks against Kobe, Magic, Shaq, and Wilt aren't nearly as successful as I would like but pick and rolls bring some of the big guys to the outside which helps a lot. I also used manual substitutions and timeouts so my top 7 could play a lot.

I would say this one was about as tough as the 2BG challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
They're definitely not a lost cause, but they shouldn't be your go-to scoring method.

I shot:

56/92 from the field (61%)
15/30 from three (50%)
26/27 from the line (96%)

My threes came from:

Larry Bird (6 of 10)
Detlef Schrempf (6 of 8)
Avery Bradley (1 of 6)
Nick Anderson (1 of 4)
John Havlicek (1 of 1)
Oscar Robertson (0 of 1)
15 for 30 is really good. As long as some of the open threes go in after I rotate the ball and get a good shot I'm happy. When I rarely play online and my opponent knocks down extremely contested threes and I miss good open ones I tend to get frustrated. I don't mind losing as long as there is some form of realism involved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »