Home

NBA 2K Sliders / Settings Comparison (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K Sliders / Settings Comparison (Next-Gen) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K Sliders / Settings Comparison (Next-Gen)

OVERVIEW
Some people want a slider set for the average joe. Some people want sliders to for maximum difficulty.

I'm going to use different settings/slider sets to help others compare. This thread is not for creating a new slider set.

I hope to make it easy-to-use for newcomers to 2K simulation and customization. I will rate 9 aspects on a scale of 1 (easy) to 3 (hard). I plan to do create a ranking for each slider set, for quick comparison. The below legend may help explain:

1 (Easy/Weak): This means the difficulty of this aspect heavily depends on stick skills and can be exploited.
2 (OK): This means the difficulty of this aspect seems to depend on matchup and stick skills.
3 (Hard/Tough): This means the difficulty of this aspect seems to depend on matchup, strategy, AND advanced stick skills.

Link for further explanation: https://linky.design/2kSettings

HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
There is a form you can submit to include your own rankings. It would help the community to understand how different players view different sets.

I'm particularly interested in people that try multiple sets, but all should feel free to submit. The form takes about 1-2 minutes to do. You can submit here.

Note: You do not need to log-in to a Google account to submit. That is only for autosaving progress (if browser closes while you fill out form).

Link: https://forms.gle/Q5ESpRQhfHTdqJk27

Leave comments below if you have any suggestions/additions.

Last edited by duce; 10-20-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2021, 10:58 PM   #2
a goat

duce's Arena

Re: NBA 2K Sliders / Settings Comparison (Next-Gen)

Thanks to all slider makers. Over last week, I've played on three settings and overall these were my ratings. I'm looking forward to trying the changes that are made after Patch 1.7.

Remember to choose sliders that fit your play style needs. These are my personal opinion (I personally like to play without house rules). I hope to start incorporating community ratings in further updates.

Old 10-24-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

This is super dope bro, appreciate your work as well...I updated the sliders to my 1.4 version 2 days ago. My 2.0 version will the "official" version for MyNBA Sim, and should be done by next week. I've made drastic changes for this set based on feedback, so I'd suggest trying out the update. #100

Last edited by jkits; 10-24-2021 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
All Star

I am kind of confused what is this thread supposed to be about?
Old 10-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #5
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I believe he's basically comparing all of the different slider sets, and what differences they have to offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #6
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
JKits is right.

The way I see the slider community is that it is strong, but not the most accessible to newcomers. There aren't many comprehensive comparisons to help people understand the extensive information given by slider makers (very grateful for these contributors).

I'm basically comparing slider sets using few (9) scales, based on how easy/hard it is as the user and how weak/strong the AI performs. I hope it makes sets more accessible for those wondering where to start (some need easier sim sets, some want "average joe" sliders, some want "comp-level challenge" sliders). I try most sliders here (and a few other notable ones) because I think they all aim for a sim environment.

There are ways to organize the information better and I'm open to ideas as long as it does 1 of 2 things:
1. Makes it easier to share the data.
2. Makes it easier to understand the data.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
JKits is right.

The way I see the slider community is that it is strong, but not the most accessible to newcomers. There aren't many comprehensive comparisons to help people understand the extensive information given by slider makers (very grateful for these contributors).

I'm basically comparing slider sets using few (9) scales, based on how easy/hard it is as the user and how weak/strong the AI performs. I hope it makes sets more accessible for those wondering where to start (some need easier sim sets, some want "average joe" sliders, some want "comp-level challenge" sliders). I try most sliders here (and a few other notable ones) because I think they all aim for a sim environment.

There are ways to organize the information better and I'm open to ideas as long as it does 1 of 2 things:
1. Makes it easier to share the data.
2. Makes it easier to understand the data.

Hey Duce, just posted my 2.0 slider update...this is the official set for 12min MyNBA Sim. Its mainly for the veteran player who needs a consistent challenge. Check it out, & Thanks
Old 10-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah man I love this idea. I had some superstar sliders out there when the game first dropped and defense was decent. I moved up to HOF since and have a set that I'm still testing out that should make scoring harder (seems like all the ones you've tested are easy), that I may drop.

All the patches keep messing up sliders though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »