Home

IF you have to give a overall grade for NG...

This is a discussion on IF you have to give a overall grade for NG... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What grade would you give 2k14 NG?
A 9 6.62%
B 26 19.12%
C 51 37.50%
D 32 23.53%
F 18 13.24%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #49
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: IF you have to give a overall grade for NG...

I gave it a D, for the simple fact that all of my Staple modes are pretty much useless. MyGM is a bug riddled mess and is unplayable if you are expecting any ounce of realism, and Online Ranked is just atrocious with the close to 1-second lag input.

On the court its beautiful, but the unnecessary, rage inducing help D kills it, along with 2k just generally stripping you of control because of their heavy animation reliance. Some of these animations are entirely too long (some are actually 2-3 seconds), and you have absolutely no control of your player until it ends. And its usually an automatic turnover because you end up passing 3 seconds after you pressed the button and it gets stolen.

And the the VC debacle....smh.

I've played 2k for a long time now, and generally I love the series. But once I got over all the shininess of NG, this game was and still is a huge disappointment. Hopefully they step it up for 2k15, because I've already shelved this game.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I broke it down into categories...
1-Graphics=A (cant really complain about these)
2-Gameplay-C (Lag offline and online is an issue. It seems to fluctuate from time to time which is understandable online, but offline? I also think that the cannamations are too much. It is very difficult to do what you want to do in this game. Just the animation of going into a back down is incredibly annoying)
3-Online= -F (Online is terrible as always this year. The lag makes it unplayable online for me. On top of that, there is only a ranked matched option so if you get into a match that is laggy you basically are ice skating up hill. One would think that with this being next gen 2k could have incorporated lobbies, or at least an online mode where the games weren't ranked).
4-Everything Else=F (All the other modes suck horse $#&*, and I won't even elaborate on them at this time).
I give 2k a C- or high D overall grade.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #51
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

I give it a B. While I have not been blown away, I have enjoyed my PS4 experience. I would have given a C but I realize the games will only improve from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #52
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Gameplay: A
Graphics: A
Everything else: D-

I understand VC being in the game but it shouldn't be in MyGM mode. Plus all the bugs and glitches really brings the overall score down.

Overall: C
Old 12-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #53
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

C - (discounting VC and connectivity problems)

Once you get past the graphics, it's clear as day that the actual content of the game is bare bones and more of a blueprint for future games. Its saving grace is that the core game plays quite well. If I wanna play GS vs MIA with or against a friend locally, it's pretty good. However, the modes that require a bit more investment need more fleshing out.

Counting VC and connectivity issues, the game is easily approaches F territory. Outside of a single occasion, I have not been able to use The Park. That's a game mode that is essentially non-functional. I personally haven't tried playing against a buddy online, but I gather that's pretty damned difficult, too. Then there are all the issues with featured modes not being available when 2k servers are acting up, or permanently broken save files because you might have dared to play the game offline prior t the patch. There are simply too many features that don't reliably work even when the servers are up for it to be anything higher than a D.

2K had me drinking the Kool-aid with their marketing. The game in its current form warrants issuing refunds.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

C.

I have a feeling that 2K only cares about guys who play online while nobody else is in the room. the offline multiplayer gamers mean nothing to them.

Amazing gameplay, but:
- no 2 player seasons!
- so many roster editing problems (Can't save locally??????)
- rosters are moronic (Chris bosh no sig skills??? Kyle korver 60+??? so many other stupid grades...)
- connectivity problems all the time
- European rosters from 2012. Why even bother putting them in?
- Menus look like their taken from the first Xbox (Not 360)
- Need 3 clicks to call quick plays
- Kinect makes bad calls all the time. keeps calling timeouts, and other irrelevant calls when we're just talking to each other in the room.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »