Home

Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure

This is a discussion on Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
No lobbies in NBA 2K15, unfortunately, and it sounds like they're never coming. Jones told me that Visual Concepts believes online games — and the industry at large — have simply moved away from the lobby system.
Yeah sports game including Madden are moving away from lobbies. I just hope you get a choice to filter by difficulty (pro, all star, hall of fame) and disconnection percentage.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #34
Rookie

Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
there is a play with friends option already in 2k14 why in the heck do you need to search to play with friends?
He might be a pc gamer you couldn't directly lay friends unless it was a league game last year.

This is great and all but is the off season glitch fixed from last year for online leagues that broke the game for many of us

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #35
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
He might be a pc gamer you couldn't directly lay friends unless it was a league game last year.

This is great and all but is the off season glitch fixed from last year for online leagues that broke the game for many of us
I don't know what game you were playing but I played people on my friends last all the time last year on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
Rookie

So are they saying this should fix the lag issues ive always had with 2k? My internet connection is 30 meg and I have no issues with shooter like COD,HALO Destiny but can never play online in 2k because the lag is just so bad its not fun and is unplayable.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
No lobbies in NBA 2K15, unfortunately, and it sounds like they're never coming. Jones told me that Visual Concepts believes online games — and the industry at large — have simply moved away from the lobby system.
Madden15 has lobbies..... just saying. 2K online really needs lobbies once again.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #38
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I just hope they dedicated some resources to online leagues. It should have the least amount of strain compared to the rest of the online modes.

My Career
Quick play
Myteam
MyLeague
MyGM

... Online Leagues

Online Leagues should be way at the bottom
Old 09-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1
We'll see...doesn't mean they are fixed just that someone worked on them for 8 months. If they are not fixed these two people need to find new jobs.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #40
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Hope this is true, but I'll have to actually play it and see for myself before I fully believe it.

It'd be great to be able to jump into a Team Up game with friends without it turning into a 20 min ordeal to actually get into a game that works ... and then promptly have the other team quit
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »