Home

Defensive Help, Tips

This is a discussion on Defensive Help, Tips within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Defensive Help, Tips

any suggestions on settings to make help defense more aggressive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

How about defending the post? I feel like CPU makes 99.9% of their post shots.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #27
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm having a mixed bag with the Help D. Sometimes it is overaggressive leading to a stupid open jumper/ layup, or it is under aggressive and someone completely forgets what to do and allows an easy layup.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #28
Just started!

OVR: 0

Sorry off topic butHow do u manual cut? I press L1 player icon and when I go to cut him with the right stick my player still does dribble moves.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBF24
How about defending the post? I feel like CPU makes 99.9% of their post shots.
Just body up to them and defend with the left trigger...dont jump and try to block their shots as they will just use post moves and get around you. If you stay in front of them and let the games contest shot animations play out they miss often.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by highzman28
Hedging- hedging is when second defender aka the guy guarding he pick setter, comes up on the pick side to try and prevent the ball handler from being able to go around the pick.

So soft will make him do it really quickly and run back to his guy and hard will make him stay longer to prevent the ball handler from penetrating

Go over or go under- this is for the defender being picked...

If you select to go under the defender will go behind the screen... Do this against players who look to drive rather then shoot.

If you play against a player who can shoot like curry etc go over the screen this should help prevent them from shooting and force them to try something else.

Double seemly means your two defenders involved in the pick and roll etc will double team and trap the ball handler

Ice- this means you want the on ball defender to force the ball handler in the opposite direction of the pick. So your defender would theoretically play a tight defense and deny the ball handler the ability to go pick side.

Oh ok that's cool I new like under or over was but I had no clue what ICE was or what the whole soft thing was.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Leave space between the defender and his man to take away driving angles/ force an unreliable shooter to shoot

Oh ok yeah I didn't know what the whole Gap thing was about to. I wish I new how POE work. No matter what I have it set to I don't really see a differences with the way my guy guard the other team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekbird
Just body up to them and defend with the left trigger...dont jump and try to block their shots as they will just use post moves and get around you. If you stay in front of them and let the games contest shot animations play out they miss often.
Best thing to do in the post for me has been bodying up and then using the right stick to contest, that way your man doesn't get out of rebounding position. Seems like the CPU usually is going to fadeaways too. They make a lot of tough ones, definitely, but you just have to live with that.

I got torched down the stretch by Zach Randolph last night. I was the Wizards, leading by 5-6 midway through the 4th and he just took over. I had Nene defending him well but it didn't matter. It was frustrating at the time but afterward I thought about it and thought it was kind of cool the CPU played their 4th quarter offense the way they did and Z-Bo just got hot.

After the CPU gets offensive rebounds, I recommend just bashing triangle at will lol, and with multiple defenders if possible. The CPU will still make a bunch but I'm starting to get them to miss some just going all out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »