Home

Real Player % vs User Timing?

This is a discussion on Real Player % vs User Timing? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #33
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Real Player % vs User Timing?

I'm going to use default in my GM offline mainly because I want to get used to everyone's releases for when I play online ranked games.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Shooting is very difficult this year, but my pride says no Real Player % ... Guess I will eventually learn, might just play on Pro and move up.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #35
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
Which one should I go with guys? Playing on HOF and simulation.
I was going to make a thread like this...LOL. Know I don't have to.

NBA2k14 last gen and next I played both ways, but used real player timing more. On NBA2k15 I feel that real player timing takes too much control of the game away from me. I know It may sound weird,but that's my experience.

Also I only used real player against the cpu. I wounder how it would be against a human opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #36
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Hmm, I too am having the shot meter still come up with RP% on. Not sure why some are getting it and others aren't. I noticed though that with it on, the color (red, yellow, or green) doesn't appear after the shots been released to indicate the timing of the release. Again though, I do think that the timing of the release still matters with RP% on, just not as much.

you can turn it on and off in the "gameplay settings" even when you are using realplayer%
Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #37
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I'm still missing a majority of my wide open mid range shots off the pick and roll with a 91 overall mid, even after a switch to true shooting percentage.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #38
Rookie

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is for RP%. It seems closely linked with shot timing.

I never (literally) make shots I release poorly and I frequently make shots that I time well. I'm about ready to switch to user since it doesn't seem to matter.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:33 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMortensenDSPN
Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is for RP%. It seems closely linked with shot timing.

I never (literally) make shots I release poorly and I frequently make shots that I time well. I'm about ready to switch to user since it doesn't seem to matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I'm still missing a majority of my wide open mid range shots off the pick and roll with a 91 overall mid, even after a switch to true shooting percentage.

This has been killing me and I suspected it was the case from day one. I'm a Real % guy and I'm clanking open midrange jumpers with MJ from mid-range. I even turned the CPU's defensive strengths sliders down to be certain. The majority of the time if I simply tap the button, it's a clank, and that's with midrange and 3 pt slider's cranked up to 53 and 52 respectfully. I mean going like 6-19 from mid range.

Real % worked perfect on 2K14 but it is definitely tied to timing in this years game, rendering it completely pointless. This has been an issue in prior 2K's but I'm not sure HOW they think it makes a lick of sense. It's just baffling.

Last edited by NvME; 10-19-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #40
Just started!

Which one should I go with guys? Playing on HOF and simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »