Home

Questionable drafting by the computer in myleague?

This is a discussion on Questionable drafting by the computer in myleague? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 03:17 AM   #33
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Questionable drafting by the computer in myleague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
With all due respect guys, there is no way to defend this. Like many have already said, you can not compare what is happening in the game to Kwame Brown, Greg Oden or Mike Olawakandi being taken number one. Once again, those players were projected to go high and even if they were did not go first, they would have went very high.

What is happening here is that teams are NOT taking players that the game itself acknowledges as top picks. All of the big board and mock drafts have the same few players as top 5 and all of them fall to the late first round? That would never ever ever ever ever ever happen in the NBA.

I edited a draft class to where there was one player with a 78 overall and 95 potential. The next best player in the draft was edited down to a 73 overall and the next closest in potential was an 84. What pick did that clear number one player go???? Number 22. This isn't the NFL. A player of that caliber that everyone acknowledges as the number one pick would never fall that far. And to be honest, I could look the other way if I was just one or two players, but it's like the top four or five players pretty much all the time.

Of course controlling all 30 teams would be a great fix but they have no option to have the CPU handle different tasks for the other team. So therefore if you control all thirty teams you have to do EVERYTHING for all thirty teams and I think we can all agree that is not the way that most of us would like to play.

Obviously I know you can simply "chose to ignore" those great players late in the first but I still puts a major blow on the mode. A major blow.
Completely agree with you on this, I also think they need to ad back in the option so other tasks are handled or can be handled by the CPU and ad the option back in they took out to quit a team and move to another team to manage when just controlling one team, that and along with a fix for the draft would make this the perfect mode. Still puzzles me why they took these functions out to begin with specially the option to let the CPU handle things since it's already in the game to begin with. Hopefully they can add at least that functionback in

Last edited by CyberOps; 10-14-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone looked at their college stats before they draft?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #35
Rookie

Lazarus Kane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
Has anyone looked at their college stats before they draft?
I hav and they are definitely super inflated. My first draft I had about 10 guys averaging 25+ ppg, 3 averaging 10+ assists. Also, the CPU places a heavy emphasis on Centers and PFs regardless of their ratings. I had about 20+ Cs and PFs drafted in the first round, some with ratings in the low 50s over top ten projected picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
30 team is the way to go, logic is still broken unfortunately. top 10 ovr guys will often fall to late first, early second for the sake of it.
Agree. I was able to draft a guy projected 3rd overall with pick 29. He was an 83 overall with B potential. Broken.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #37
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barttramer
Agree. I was able to draft a guy projected 3rd overall with pick 29. He was an 83 overall with B potential. Broken.
Again, this is known and I'm pushing for some important tuning to get live ASAP with a patch.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #38
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Appreciate the feedback and response Leftos. In the mean time guys, I believe that the best course of action is to simply avoid those higher rated guys. My new little house rule is to not draft anyone projected more than 5 spots from where I am drafting at.

Hopefully with the Leftos changes and the draft classes we are working on, things will fall in line.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Again, this is known and I'm pushing for some important tuning to get live ASAP with a patch.
Great news!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

The worst one yet:

The Wizards just drafted a 63 overall Center 1st overall.. He was ranked 42nd!!

I think they computer is putting too much stock into C's. In the top 7, 4 of them were drafted, all rated below 68 overall.

Guys rated in the top 5 are falling to the 20's..sometimes even early 2nd round!

Last edited by Habsfan88; 10-15-2014 at 04:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »