Home

How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

This is a discussion on How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

Fair point spank.

Just wondering how we can assist in that balancing app act breed more consistency.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Fair point spank.

Just wondering how we can assist in that balancing app act breed more consistency.
I think they kind of started slowly. Remember when they used to cater to the people who said the game was too hard and would tone it down? They didnt do it this year or last year. Actually that current gen game was nice, it was just current gen

People who said it was too easy, they just gave them HOF for a pure challenge standpoint, cheese and all (even though some of those people still complain as if it wasn't intended to be like that on purpose).

I sent Mike a PM about walking the ball up because it was just like I think 2k12 where you ran up court every possession and he implemented that back.

I think alot of subtle basketball things, they are likely aware of alot of it but the affirmations of it from the fans might push some of those things up the priority list.

The complaining is complaining, but there are alot of constructive guys that im sure they listen to while the poison is ignored just like you ignore it.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 4

I would love the progression/regression system to get much more love next year. It's not great now obviously.... They should maybe look at how Football Manager handle it... Some guys peak early, some late.... There just seems much more possibilities. Progress depends on how often they play also which doesn't seem to be how nba2k operates?
Old 12-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
How do we get 2k to keep momentum after this patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think they kind of started slowly. Remember when they used to cater to the people who said the game was too hard and would tone it down? They didnt do it this year or last year. Actually that current gen game was nice, it was just current gen

People who said it was too easy, they just gave them HOF for a pure challenge standpoint, cheese and all (even though some of those people still complain as if it wasn't intended to be like that on purpose).

I sent Mike a PM about walking the ball up because it was just like I think 2k12 where you ran up court every possession and he implemented that back.

I think alot of subtle basketball things, they are likely aware of alot of it but the affirmations of it from the fans might push some of those things up the priority list.

The complaining is complaining, but there are alot of constructive guys that im sure they listen to while the poison is ignored just like you ignore it.

I've seen guys in the league get that walk the ball up animation and it causes a backcourt violation at times.

The thing about HOF sim is that it isn't just used for cpu play. It's a big component of league play.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #21
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I've seen guys in the league get that walk the ball up animation and it causes a backcourt violation at times.

The thing about HOF sim is that it isn't just used for cpu play. It's a big component of league play.
I think it could be worked on more but it was great when 2k first implemented it in CH2k and NBA 2K7. Matter of factly, Nash had his signature lick his fingers and dribble animation. That stood out at the time and made it pretty special

I dont know about league play and all of that, but I dont look at online when first talking about core part of the game, because if thats not right online will be worse anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think it could be worked on more but it was great when 2k first implemented it in CH2k and NBA 2K7. Matter of factly, Nash had his signature lick his fingers and dribble animation. That stood out at the time and made it pretty special

I dont know about league play and all of that, but I dont look at online when first talking about core part of the game, because if thats not right online will be worse anyway.

I'm guessing you want the slow down animation to prevent a sprint down the sideline for a layup?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #23
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0

I have logged about 50 games of 12 minutes hall of fame sim this year in 2k15, here is my single biggest concern:

1) My weak side or strong side spot up shooters choose to spot up for long 2's instead of 3's. If the player in question is Lance Stephenson then is fine, but my Wesley Matthews and Ariza are doing this like 3-4 times each a game.

Sam Pham
Old 12-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

I just think teams and situations aren't all alike. Chris Paul always slow paces the game. He doesn't run down as fast and he can to call a play. The guy light jogs or walks it up.

It's a pace thing and that doesn't mean run past half court every single time in 2 seconds even though NBA players cover a lot of ground really quickly.

Sometimes you do it to compose your team or control the pace. It just adds to variables in the NBA but in no wise am I saying they never run down because they certainly do.

With us players we all play differently so we Need to find a common ground on feedback.

I have a friend from OS who loves 2k but always seem to be bothered by PIP. I never have that issue really because I play pretty good man D so I never have his experience but he doesn't have mine either yet we can both see the things that are great about the game. Take it from there and then move outward.

It's just here man like the guys whining about fastbreaks. I have no issue for fastbreaks so when I saw that post I scratched my head. I'm paying now and still don't know what the heck he's talking about but those are the kinds of posts 2k should tread lightly on and not be quick to nerf because one guy cries foul

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »