Home

Patch #3 XB1 and International PS4 Update Thread

This is a discussion on Patch #3 XB1 and International PS4 Update Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Patch #3 XB1 and International PS4 Update Thread

So we are now 14 days from when the patch was submitted to MS and 4 days from when the patch was submitted for international PS4 owners.

This thread is for people to vent and update others (if there are updates) about this issue. This is not a thread to bash the developers and the TOS applies to this thread. Anyone who violates this will be banned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Patch #3 XB1 and International PS4 Update Thread

I wonder if the patch was pulled to fix the shoe issue in My Career.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

thanks ah32!

Communication from 2k and Sony Australia has dried up my end ... I expected it first thing monday morning, then again first thing this morning. but nada.

At this point I'm sure people don't need/ want to know specifics of the hold up and reasons why ... that can be for another time, moving forward to maybe ensure it doesn't happen again?

right now, just a little indication as to when we can expect it would be lovely.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks AH32, this is def needed. Im tired of scanning the web for info on this topic.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive shelved the game until it arrives. Im loving how it plays pre-patch, I just want to keep the rest of my myGM until I get the patch.

Also, subscribed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Thanks for finally creating this thread. I've barely played since the PS4 patch came out because I can see how good the game can be. Before I thought the game was great, but now I can see the little imperfections that were fixed and suddenly I can't ignore them. I just wish that Microsoft and 2K will at least break radio silence. It feels like it's been forever since they have said anything. Hopefully it will be out by Friday, after my finals.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

Last edited by ThatMichiganFan; 12-15-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I just wish I either never knew the patch was coming or didn't read the patch impressions. I have been holding off on playing 2k until the patch comes out but I need my bball fix lol. Can't lie like I'm not a little annoyed but I understand it must be something up out of 2k's control. I'm loving what I'm hearing from the ps4 owners though
Old 12-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #8
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Venting:

I don't think professionalism has necessarily been shown by LD2K or Ronnie. I haven't seen any sympathy or understanding.

Since it's technically not their fault they pass it off and literally ignore everyone about it. Instead of being open, trapsarent about what they know and showing they care they normally completely ignore people being upset.

For example, They say they will update us on the timetable as soon as they can. Then they completely ignore the issue (to make 2K look better) and days later they give a generic response "It will come out when Microsoft approves it"

That is not an update on the status. If they could not get an update they could have been transparent about the process.

From watching a stream of LD2K I like that he is a regular guy but I've seen a huge lack of professionalism. He makes his my team, makes it after a curse word, and 2k searches for curse words in the name, and he says "what is this cheese?" For people who like cursing or don't mind it no big deal. Of course he spelled it differently to avoid it flagging. But he is the representative of the company and doing everything against company policies directly on his stream. A very minor example, and cussing isn't something that personally offends me, but I think it gives a picture of the type of character I've seen. Since he isn't the person responsible for the patch he feels no responsibility to the community to be transparent and update us properly, thinks it's "not his problem". Of course he will rebuke I'm sure by saying how he cares, but the updates he has given don't lie. He hasn't given a single legitimate update besides blaming microsoft or saying that it will be released soon. Instead of telling us what the hold up is he just posts a generic answer once every 2 days to get people off his back, that's not caring.

A person that is SUPPOSED to be deeply involved in the 2K community shouldn't have this type of attitude. Honestly I prefer a lot of things about NBA Live, and I think NBA Live released a massively underrated game. I think the problems with 2K are problems that for the most part won't be addressed.

But their updating to signature shots, rosters, the quality of the game, game modes, etc. has been winning me over. Also I feel the quality of their patch would seem to be superior to the patch of NBA Live.

But as someone teetering back and forth between games, things like this are things that directly push me to NBA Live. It's not having to wait for the patch, it's how their leaders have handled it.

This is venting. I am not directly attacking developers. I am constructively criticizing the handling of the situation.

With that being said I have had like 4 off days waiting for this patch, and now I have to work for like 7 straight days, so it's really dissapointing. At the same time I understand it COULD BE somewhat out of their hands, though in my estimation I'm sure they messed up the patch and MS sent it back to be fixed. I just wish they would tell us that. *drops mic*
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »