Home

How do you guys use defensive settings?

This is a discussion on How do you guys use defensive settings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #9
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do you guys use defensive settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
Thanks again, won my first game on Superstar thanks to you verifying that I should check the defensive settings before each game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those D'Angelo Russell stats are the reason I tweak the sliders a bit & only play on 10 minutes. 15 rebounds & 7 blocks? Damn haha good win tho

Old 09-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #10
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Those D'Angelo Russell stats are the reason I tweak the sliders a bit & only play on 10 minutes. 15 rebounds & 7 blocks? Damn haha good win tho

Yea the blocks were ridiculous, I player lock Russell so I think a little user "skill" goes into that, however the game before, Hibbert, who I don't control, had 7 blocks as well.

So I think the blocks are a bit much.

The rebounds however I truly earned, I'm always on the boards. Should have had 1-2 more actually,lol.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Quote:
Yea the blocks were ridiculous, I player lock Russell so I think a little user "skill" goes into that, however the game before, Hibbert, who I don't control, had 7 blocks as well.

So I think the blocks are a bit much.

The rebounds however I truly earned, I'm always on the boards. Should have had 1-2 more actually,lol.

Yea I had to lower blocks 5 points in the sliders menu they are a bit easy but if your were just controlling Russell the rebounds definitely makes sense. Unless that turns into an average aha

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #12
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Yea I had to lower blocks 5 points in the sliders menu they are a bit easy but if your were just controlling Russell the rebounds definitely makes sense. Unless that turns into an average aha

Lol through two games I'm averaging a triple double, but I'm shooting horribly, just 39% from the field and I'm a turnover machine, so it balances out. I think my rebound and block numbers will come down slightly tho, or else I'll have to do the same and lower the slider a little.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #13
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Quote:
Lol through two games I'm averaging a triple double, but I'm shooting horribly, just 39% from the field and I'm a turnover machine, so it balances out. I think my rebound and block numbers will come down slightly tho, or else I'll have to do the same and lower the slider a little.

I'm shooting with Wade like that haha I've taken some bad shots. Players go on streaks of putting up bad numbers so yea all is well as long as they eventually drop some.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #14
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
It determines how you off ball teammates defend. If you've got it on they'll shift over to to the guy that is likely to be left open.
Thanks for that, as I have been wondering. Pre-rotate all means everyone rotates, no pre-rotate means no off ball rotations. One quick question about it,

For example, if i am playing against the clippers and set pre-rotate to off, except for Pierce and Reddick, would players rotate to them, or rotate off of them?

Thanks for the advice.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
How so it should help to keep less guys from getting opening and to make d easier?
So you wouldn't want to pre-rotate too much off of a shooter. I can go through and break down my logic when it comes to setting these sliders pre-game

On Ball Pressure
Gap: Non threat, Non Shooter (Tony Allen)
Moderate: Decent shooter, or vs someone that can blow by you (Andre Iguadola)
Tight: Good shooter that you can also stay in front of. (Klay Thompson)
Smother: Good shooter but I only use this vs. someone that can't really handle the ball. If you smother Kyrie, you will get burned. (Kyle Korver)

Off Ball Pressure : Be careful here because you also have to think about preventing offensive rebounding.
Gap: Non threat, Non Shooter (Tony Allen)
Moderate: Decent shooter (Eric Bledsoe); Non-threats but are good rebounders.
Tight: vs. Good shooters (Kyle Korver); You can also use this vs. great rebounders but you probably would want to help off of him so use at your discretion.
Smother: Use this when you are playing a great offensive threat. But be careful because you might give up backdoor cuts.

Force Direction
I force everything to the baseline. Point blank, I don't want to give up any middle penetration.

On-Ball Screen and Off-Ball Screen You really only need to use this vs. people that will be the ball-handler in a PnR situation. So don't worry about setting this vs. Dwight
Go Over: Shooter
Go Under: Non-Shooter
Switch: I use vs vs. non-offensive threats. I also use this for people that won't really blow by my non-center bigs. You have to think about your 1-4 and their ability to stay in front of the player you are setting it up for.
Ice: Use this when you want the on-ball DEFENDER to force the ball-handler away from the screen. I would only use this when the on-ball defender is a strong defender. I wish this could be situational because I would only want to use this on the sideline pNr situations.

Hedge
No-Hedge: Use this vs. an absolute non-threat perimeter player (Tony Allen)
Soft Hedge: I would use this against someone that isn't going to KILL you and won't probably look to score most of the time once they turn the corner. (PJ Tucker)
Hard Hedge: If you know this dude is going to turn that corner and look to score, use the hard hedge. (Bledsoe)
Double: Now, if this player can turn the corner and attack AND he has the ability to look for others out of the PnR situation, I would double him. (LeBron)

Hedge (Center)
See the hedge section above, but you need to know who your center is. Depends on his footspeed (quickness) and on-ball defense IQ
Soft: Non-athlete vs a scorer
Hard: Athletic vs a scorer
No-Hedge: Non-athlete vs. a non offensive threat
Double: Use at your judgement, but if your Center is too slow, he might struggle even getting into doubling position in time. You might get split honestly.

Front: If I front a player, I am doubling from the weakside. If I am getting killed by a player in the post, I will front him. I don't usually START off fronting anyone
Behind: If I am playing a non-post threat, I always play behind because I am not worried about them honestly.
3/4 Top: If I am playing against a post threat, I will start off with this. Again, this ties into my theory of forcing everything baseline. This shades your offensive player to the baseline.
3/4 Bottom: If you want to shade the player to the middle of the court (where your help can be sent) you can use this option. I sometimes trick people I play by putting this setting on a BAD post player so they can think they see an advantage. Again, use with discretion.

Double Teams:
Self Explanatory
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #16
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Another explanation of ICE

ICE-ing the Pick and Roll: Coach Nick breaks down how to defend the side pick and roll play - Welcome to Loud City http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/201...-bulls-thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »