Home

7'3 Centers Ruin The Park - Limted Time in the Key Is Needed

This is a discussion on 7'3 Centers Ruin The Park - Limted Time in the Key Is Needed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 7'3 Centers Ruin The Park - Limted Time in the Key Is Needed

They definitely need 3 in the key in park. They call loose ball fouls and out of bounds so whats the difference?

I actually made a 7'3" center because we would go up against centers and lose strictly because of offensive rebounding. But my guys actually pass me the ball and let me create out of the post. Guys double down trying to get steals I just pass it out for the 3. If they miss I get the board. Kick it back out and they usually make it.

But I have a PG & SF. I actually went on a 20 gamer streak and we ran against some 99 centers when I had my SF but I had no problem boxing them out. But I definitely agree they should add 3 In the key.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #34
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I would be cool w/ a 3 in the key.

People keep saying "What park does that" and etc. But they have lose ball fouls, reach in fouls, shot clocks and etc.

No Park 3 on 3 games I've ever played had shot clocks but it's 2K a video game and you need some of those things for online players for a balance. I believe it would make the game a lot better instead of having big men just standing in the key all game.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 11-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
No Park 3 on 3 games I've ever played had that, but it's some 2K and you need some of those things for online players for a balance. I believe it would make the game a lot better instead of having big men just standing in the key all game.
Exactly.

It's not about keeping the mode "realistic" to what happens in real life parks.

It's about keeping the gameplay balanced.

Three in the key should be enforced in Park to make the gameplay experience better. 7'3" dudes standing under the rim the whole game doesn't make the gameplay better, it makes it worse.

For that same reason, I'd like to see clear path fouls and a team foul bonus being enforced to get rid of the foul spammers. The offense should get 1 free throw plus the ball back on the 5th team foul, and 2 free throws plus the ball back on the 7th team foul. Then people wouldn't be able to auto-foul and reset the play every time you have a fastbreak, a clear path to the basket, or a mismatch in the post.

Moving screen fouls would also severely hurt the zig zag left-right-left-right three point cheesers and would make the gameplay experience better.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-10-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #36
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I would love for 3 seconds in the key to return to the park. I have been begging for it since they took it out. 3 in the key promotes player movement and creates driving lanes. A big or other offensive player can always go back and re-post after they leave the paint after 3 sec. If you want to put in defensive 3 seconds without being within arm's length of someone you can do that too(or not..lol)

I've also wanted a clear out button on rebounds which hasn't existed since the dreamcast. Nothing sucks worse than getting a timely rebound and getting decended on by 2 steal spammers who reach in and knock the ball out of my hands before I can even touch the ground and/or pass. This year SF's start off with the ball handling of Dikembe Mutombo and they max out with Nene' handles..lol.

Despite all this, the park has been more balanced and enjoyable than it has ever been.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-10-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:25 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Lets get rid of the guards because they are too fast lol

You sound salty. If you dominated them you wouldnt come on here crying.

Maybe get rid of everyone over 6'5 and everyone faster than 75.

Its a PARK. Parks dont have referees.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
You must have a reading comprehension of a 5 year old dyslexic student.

I clearly said, remove the squatters by installing limited time in the key. Not removing 7'3 centers.

And I do dominate 7'3 centers, they aren't hard to dominate, they have no range and they can't move and they can't jump compared to my center, 7'3 centers are light work.

Just like I dominated people last year with my guard, even with the zig zag. Cheese has never been effective against me.

I don't suck at this game, I never sucked at this game, never will suck at this game. All the things I ever complained about, was about making the game harder, like when it force came out. Not easier.

Actually, if limited time in the paint was introduced in the Park, it would make the game harder for me, not easier, cause I wouldn't be able to just force the 7'3 center under the basket and get the rebound...like where they already stand.

Limited time in key would make the game enjoyable, instead of an exercise of laughing at the futility of big men clogging the lane in a 3 on 3 setting.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 11-11-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:29 AM   #38
Banned

I have a 7"3 center and here are a few of my thoughts.

1) I never set screens under the rim, even last year when it would cost me rebounds. I just don't play like that.

2) This year you can move screeners out of position and win most of the boxouts so when I play against dudes doing that, then I know I'll pretty much clean up.

3) People complained about centers last year, so they've been massively nerfed in park, to make the primary function of them a rebounding one.

4) Why should I spend my time floating around the court to please some turboing guards, when I know when push comes to shove, most of my work/team mate grade/usefulness happens within 5-10ft of the basket?

5) when I've had dodgy 2k matchups and had to guard PG's, then they turbo around me like I'm stuck in quicksand. That's fine (sort of), because they're using their advantage over me, yet centers doing work in their areas is now classed as ruining the game.

6) WTF do people want? A park full of 6"1-6"7 guards doing stepback corner 3's all game (which I'm increasingly starting to see again this year).
Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #39
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Why do ppl insist on saying I want centers to run around the court like Guards ?

I play mostly team up and pro am and if I'm Mozgov and Lebron needs a pick I'm setting the screen . What is wrong with that?

PPL don't switch on screens online that's a easy basket. My squad kill ppl with a simple pick n roll. You guys don't run plays with your squad of 5? seriously just using pick n rolls while playing defense will get you a winning streak even at the park lol

BUT I understand not doing it for Randoms .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 11-11-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBoi
A lot of people made inside scoring centers this year with every attribute maxed except jump shooting so its only so much that they can do (at least the ones I know). On top of that teams with bigs don't know how to properly use them or use them strictly for rebounds while two guards take all the shots. Not to mention some of you guys will have a big on your team and never pass him the ball. I wouldn't break my joystick moving around knowing I wont touch the rock no matter my position under the basket or how open I am. Centers gotta eat too lol.

I feel ur pain the worse part is when the only time I get the ball is on a offensive board and then they get mad I didn't pass it out even if u made the putback or when my man (usually another guard or even a forward occasionally) will realize that they won't give me the ball no matter how open and then go double team the perimeter so my teammates shoot some dumb*** fadeaway 3 instead of giving me the ball

I also enjoy laughing at the 7'3 cheeses who think holding screen in the paint does anything and I get all the rebounds with my 7' center due to actually being in a good rebounding position

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Last edited by E The Rhymer; 11-11-2015 at 10:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »