Home

Random Input Lag during online play?

This is a discussion on Random Input Lag during online play? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2015, 05:06 AM   #33
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Random Input Lag during online play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
It's not online lag, it's 2k in general. It's done to help the other team catch up. Therefore if the game decides it wants to give the other team a run there will be delays in dribbling, delays in passing which lead to a subsequent 360 turn before the pass and a floating slow motion traveling ball. All the passes will also be lead towards the paint so you can get a turnover. When the other team is running on the break your block button is going to be delayed. Or if you press A (switch player) to stop the break the player selected will be the wrong one. Teleporting or magnetic D will also be a problem. Launches after jab steps will be delayed, auto hesis will occur, your players will turn cold whenever you seem to a have a clear lane or dunk. Things which you have no control over will happen, your blood pressure will rise. Call a time-out and or make adjustments your rhyth should come back.
im starting to believe more and more that the lag is indeed part of the comeback code
today in the gauntlet i got up by 6 and it started lagging
the guy got within 1 and it stopped lagging
i would score and then it would start lagging again until he scored
it basically alternated between the two for the rest of the game
Old 12-25-2015, 06:05 AM   #34
Rookie

BPM 81's Arena

OVR: 7

another problem i'm having with the controller is when i'm standing still with a live dribble, pressing no other buttons, when I push the shot stick to the right i either get stuck in a pump fake or get dribble or moves or no movement at all instead of a shot, no matter how far i push the stick in that directions
when I shoot moving the stick in any other direction I don't get this

doesn't happen all the time but sometime i feel something is stuck

Last edited by BPM 81; 12-25-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #35
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t216
I'm experiencing the same issue with this since patch 4. I usually do 'player lock' and whenever I'm on fast break pressing the pass button I will not receive the pass until I stop pass half court. Thus, hurting my transition game. I play offline exhibition and MyLeague only. As noted, this has never been a known issue before patch 4.
I noticed a new animation for dribbling on a fastbreak. Your player will throw the ball forward and run after it so he can run faster, and you're not able to do a cross or pass until the animation is complete.

This is the animation
http://youtu.be/lcOxR5JuEqE

Last edited by Sleepy59; 12-25-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #36
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
How do you separate input lag and unresponsiveness? If my input is supplied right now, and the action mapped to that input doesn't happen right now, that's both unresponsive and a lack of control...no?

Digital inputs are measured in milliseconds. It's reasonable to expect the actions of pressing 'x' almost immediately after pressing 'x'. In a measure of time that would seem instantaneous to us.

What book is this that you're reading?
When people are saying "minutes", and the players are doing something completely different than what they wanted, then that's something ENTIRELY different.

With input lag, you still got your intended action after you pressed the button, but it was a few milliseconds later than what you was expecting. Input lag can be reduced with TV/ monitor settings, optimizing your internet connection, etc. If your experiencing time longer than milliseconds, then the problem is deeper than just input lag.

Let me give you an example you might be able to comprehend. If I'm expecting my car to go 0-60 in 8 seconds, but it's doing it in 9-10 seconds then I could "fine tune" it to shave those 1-2 seconds off. However, if my car is taking 30 seconds to a minute to get to 60, NOW I have to explore other possibilities to the problem. Is it the engine? Is it the transmission? Is it the wheels? Is it the road conditions?

So, are people experiencing input lag which can be addressed with some fine tuning, or is the problem deeper than that?

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 12-25-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #37
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
When people are saying "minutes", and the players are doing something completely different than what they wanted, then that's something ENTIRELY different.

With input lag, you still got your intended action after you pressed the button, but it was a few milliseconds later than what you was expecting. Input lag can be reduced with TV/ monitor settings, optimizing your internet connection, etc. If your experiencing time longer than milliseconds, then the problem is deeper than just input lag.

Let me give you an example you might be able to comprehend. If I'm expecting my car to go 0-60 in 8 seconds, but it's doing it in 9-10 seconds then I could "fine tune" it to shave those 1-2 seconds off. However, if my car is taking 30 seconds to a minute to get to 60, NOW I have to explore other possibilities to the problem. Is it the engine? Is it the transmission? Is it the wheels? Is it the road conditions?

So, are people experiencing input lag which can be addressed with some fine tuning, or is the problem deeper than that?
Problem is input lag doesn't always occur, only when it's convenient to the otger team. although for some users, internet connection is the culprit.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #38
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Random Input Lag during online play?

Lol do people really think 2k is capable of this? Seriously?

2k isn't capable of making a good online game but somehow they can control WHEN THE GAME DECIDES TO DROP YOU INPUTS ONLINE!!?!??

smh. As someone who as spent the last 10 years playing games online of many genres it's honestly ridiculous to think 2k would spend precious time to create a netcode that drops inputs only who one party is winning. It just is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 12-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Its offline btw not about online.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #40
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Lol do people really think 2k is capable of this? Seriously?

2k isn't capable of making a good online game but somehow they can control WHEN THE GAME DECIDES TO DROP YOU INPUTS ONLINE!!?!??

smh. As someone who as spent the last 10 years playing games online of many genres it's honestly ridiculous to think 2k would spend precious time to create a netcode that drops inputs only who one party is winning. It just is.

It's called playmaking momentum, defensive momentum, or offensive momentum. If you've played 2k14 you would know it exists. It was a 2k14 highlight addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »