Home

NBA 2K17 Basic & Advanced Controls Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Basic & Advanced Controls Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #41
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K17 Advanced Controls Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Agreed.

Not a fan of the simplified Euro though. Going to be too many scrubs spamming it in the Park now. You had to have skill to do it before.
This. I couldn't agree more. The Euro was sort of rare to see this year in Pro-am due to the degree of difficulty in pulling it off. Everyone and their brother is going to be spamming this move now, thinking they're nice.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
This. I couldn't agree more. The Euro was sort of rare to see this year in Pro-am due to the degree of difficulty in pulling it off. Everyone and their brother is going to be spamming this move now, thinking they're nice.
What's so difficult about it? Down+left or down+right on the stick isn't hard.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #43
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I liked it better when you had to go down left and down right or vice versa. You felt more in control.

How do you decide wich side you want to end now ?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I liked it better when you had to go down left and down right or vice versa. You felt more in control.

How do you decide wich side you want to end now ?
It'll depend on which foot you stepped with last, I assume. You can't Euro Step to the right off of your right foot, and the same with left Euros off the left foot. It's physically impossible.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
It is considerably more difficult to pull off with the current scheme than it is with a double tap of a button; which prevented alot of players from effectively using it this year.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
It is considerably more difficult to pull off with the current scheme than it is with a double tap of a button; which prevented alot of players from effectively using it this year.
More difficult how? It's just a direction on the right stick. It's not like you have to put in a Tekken combo command to do it.

If anything, double-tapping X might be less responsive. I know a lot of times I would try to do a spin layup in 2K16 and it wouldn't happen.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
More difficult how? It's just a direction on the right stick. It's not like you have to put in a Tekken combo command to do it.

If anything, double-tapping X might be less responsive. I know a lot of times I would try to do a spin layup in 2K16 and it wouldn't happen.
You say that; but you wouldn't believe how many people I've seen that can't do the euro without accidentally activating the floater, or right/left handed layup animations. You have to hit the analog stick at the proper diagonal angle in order to get the euro to activate.

It is inherently more difficult to pull off than pressing the x button twice.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #48
Rookie

I expect to see more off ball defense, which is will be annoying. I just hope the new controls are counter balanced with away from the ball fouls

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »