Home

Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here

This is a discussion on Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:02 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
The Spin Move/Drop Step are still rigged. As long as you time the spin, know when to use a drop step, it's unstoppable for somebody with silver/gold badges.
In your experience, what's the best timing for using post spins and drop steps? Do you set them up with any other moves like a shoulder fake or an aggressive backdown?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #18
Just started!

Just learn every post move in the game and learn how to counter the defense for each move. You should be able to master all of these:

Post Spin/Drive
Post Hook/Fade
Post Shimmy Hook/Fade
Drop Step.
Up and Under
Fake Drive/Spin

Also make sure you don't just press square or right stick when shooting from the post. Timing still matters so release as if you were shooting a jumpshot
Old 09-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #19
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Im just happy bigs can finally back down guards and go up strong for the finish. In years past small players could bully you and you couldn't dunk on them. Now you can back them down and dunk hard on their head. I love it. Still getting down the up and unders though. They are different this year. I still haven't gotten the hang of it.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #20
Banned

Housh123's Arena

My tip is more for pro am and park

When you post up don't dribble as soon as you catch it

Catch it and hold it for like a 2 count just in case you can get an easy assist

If you look at the true all time post gods they were scoring but they also had the assist numbers at around 4 to 5 a game

Also it builds good karma with teammates

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #21
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Im just happy bigs can finally back down guards and go up strong for the finish. In years past small players could bully you and you couldn't dunk on them. Now you can back them down and dunk hard on their head. I love it. Still getting down the up and unders though. They are different this year. I still haven't gotten the hang of it.
Big vs Small post up mismatch not a problem since 2k15 , problem usually was other type offense way stronger and easier than post up in general .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorOzieh
sounds like youre holding the stick after you initiate the spin. dont hold it after the initial spin
Yep, got it, thanks... was so frustrated... normally own the post, but kept stepping out of bounds and taking a jump shots when I had my defender beat!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #23
Pro

I've been doing some more testing this morning on some other post moves. So far I've labbed post fades with AD and post spins with AD and Boogie against the Warriors. Here are my general findings:

-The shoulder fake before a post fade (pushing the right stick quickly away from the post defender while backing down) isn't as consistently effective at creating separationg as it's been in the past
-Pushing the right stick towards the post defender quickly to get that little hop away animation before taking a fade seems to be a better option in creating less contested looks on fades
-Length matters a lot in contests this year. KD blocked three of my post fades with AD in my labbing, which never would've happened last year. Draymond, while a better defender, didn't block any. KD's length was a real issue to deal with in the post
-The baseline post spin is very effective against a mediocre or undersized defender
-The post spin towards the key is much less effective, even against average defenders
-It's much less effective against elite defenders like Draymond. AD and Boogie both have bronze Post Spin Tech, and Draymond totally shut down AD on nearly every spin attempt, with not one single attempt resulting in a clear path to the hoop. Boogie had more success, which I'm guessing is due to his size advantage

I'm going to work on up & unders and drop steps at some point today. So far I'm really impressed with how realistic the outcomes are. Elite defenders play like it, while elite offensive post players are able to feast on mediocre and poor defenders, exactly as it should be.

Last edited by Nickstank; 09-23-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #24
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing i've been doing since last year that is still effective this year is:

When you get the ball in post up position, dont dribble yet, face up by letting go of LT then press LT again to go back into post up position then spin baseline right away.

This works really well against human defenders because once you face up they stop hugging the baseline then you post up quickly and catch em off guard with a spin....its beats them automatically.

I'm gonna lab some more triple threat/faceup moves out of the post today.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »