Home

Layup meter - pool

This is a discussion on Layup meter - pool within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want layup meter ?
Yes 68 42.50%
No 92 57.50%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #57
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Layup meter - pool

Im pretty sure its just they're way of making it so people dont just spam hook shots and do other moves in the post, but in reality a hook shot going into the lane if the defender is giving you that way, is a textbook post move, i dont know if you guys are in tune with how the post fully works, but the technical aspect of the post in this game is not there.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Im pretty sure its just they're way of making it so people dont just spam hook shots and do other moves in the post, but in reality a hook shot going into the lane if the defender is giving you that way, is a textbook post move, i dont know if you guys are in tune with how the post fully works, but the technical aspect of the post in this game is not there.
But post fadeaways are extremely easy to "green" with a perfect release, even using players who have fade ratings in the high 70s and low 80s.

It's just the post hooks that have this accuracy problem, regardless of how high the shooter's hook rating is, or how low the difficulty setting is.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #59
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Just labbing with Duncan here after the responses....(quick cut...love the Duncan-esque hooks)

https://streamable.com/3iake

I dont know man...I can only speak from a PNO, Offline quick game perspective....the post game is lovely for me...

Maybe it's because I rarely to a standard jump hook without a set up move unless I'm deep or have a size advantage...but I'm just not struggling with it....what I didnt realize is that it uses the vibration mechanic too...that should sharpen it up even more...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-19-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I voted to bring it back, because when your going for a standing dunk/layup you don't know if it's going to be a dunk or layup until it's to late if it ends up being a layup and you throw up a bad release
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #61
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually like the lower, more realistic FG percentages we're seeing: 40-49% the norm...sometimes LOWER.

I like that it gets people away from spamming dunk...because with contact/situation you don't know if you're going to be dunking or not. Dunking was ridiculous last year and it's a decent mechanic for lowering them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #62
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just labbing with Duncan here after the responses....(quick cut...love the Duncan-esque hooks)

https://streamable.com/3iake

I dont know man...I can only speak from a PNO, Offline quick game perspective....the post game is lovely for me...

Maybe it's because I rarely to a standard jump hook without a set up move unless I'm deep or have a size advantage...but I'm just not struggling with it....what I didnt realize is that it uses the vibration mechanic too...that should sharpen it up even more...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I tried Duncan on All-star and it seems to be easier to do hook shots successfully, seems, but I'm still missing every now and then. But at least, I'm making more hook shots with Duncan on All-star. Or maybe it was just a one game successful fluke.

Can you also try it with both Hakeem and Abdul Jabar on preferably Hall of Fame seeing as though those are suppose to have a better overall realistic gameplay experience?

Secondly, what is your actual shot percentage with those hook shots? How many makes vs attempts? If you're consistently hitting them, that simply means I've got to up my hook shot stick skills because turn around fade away shots are much more lenient. Any other shot seems to be much more lenient. Even when the meter is only half way filled, other shots have a good success rate, while it appears hook shots seems to be pretty stingy.

Thirdly, were you good right from the get go or did you require lab work. Did vibration feedback help to get you acclimated to the hook shot release?

Fourth, at what point are you releasing the right stick. When Timmy still has his back to the basket, or when your seeing the ball at the tips of his fingers?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-20-2017 at 02:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »