Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #81
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Looking to get rid of Stanley Johnson and get potentially a forward with 3 point range. I'm midway though December and he has struggled shooting 35% and 18% from 3pt range. He is a good defender and rebounder, but he lost his starting job to Jon Leuer. Anyone have any ideas who would like a young, defensive wing?
Depends on what you're willing to accept back. Stanley Johnson, despite his defensive chops, has his issues shooting. You'd really want to send him to a team that isn't aiming for the playoffs this year or a squad that could take a flier on someone like him.

Immediately, one trade comes to mind:

If you're willing to take back a very offensive oriented three, I'd trade Stanley Johnson+cap space filler (an non-ideal contract perhaps) for the Pacers Bogdan Bodanovic (spelling may be off), the former Net and Wizards.

He can shoot, but his defense is poor -- I like to play him as a 3/4, and shift him to the 4 in my bench lineups (his weaknesses aren't as magnified there for most opponents). He's also got a team option for next season worth $10M, so you take him for Stanley Johnson+cap filler, and potentially waive him next year for cap space if you'd like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #82
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Looking to get rid of Stanley Johnson and get potentially a forward with 3 point range. I'm midway though December and he has struggled shooting 35% and 18% from 3pt range. He is a good defender and rebounder, but he lost his starting job to Jon Leuer. Anyone have any ideas who would like a young, defensive wing?
How about flipping two players from the same draft class who were taken only a few picks apart... Stanley Johnson for Mario Hezonja? One is better on offense while the other is better defensively.

It seems like Mario has fallen out of the rotation in Orlando and Johnson looks to have done the same for you. Maybe both of them could benefit from a change in scenery?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #83
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Hmmmm, I like both of those but the second one really got me thinking. I like the idea of trading him for another struggling young guy, I'll shop around tonight. Thanks guys.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 10-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #84
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
How about flipping two players from the same draft class who were taken only a few picks apart... Stanley Johnson for Mario Hezonja? One is better on offense while the other is better defensively.

It seems like Mario has fallen out of the rotation in Orlando and Johnson looks to have done the same for you. Maybe both of them could benefit from a change in scenery?
That's *forward* thinking.

Horrible puns aside, I like that idea -- I don't know if you stop there, though. If Orlando pulls that, you're subtracting a theoretically good offensive player for a defensive stud in SJ, but does Orlando need more defense? I'd be more comfortable making that trade after the Magic unload Biyombo or Ross or someone like that.

Shooting for that team is woeful and Super Mario should be getting more minutes than he is, IMO. The Magic's new GM, however, helped build the current Bucks and they really pride themselves on switching, aggressive defense, which Johnson can play much better than Hezonja. I guess it depends on what the Magic look like record wise and what team they're looking to build in that MyLeague.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #85
Rookie

Dirty_D_'s Arena

Hey guys, so been thinking of pulling this off just need to see what others think.

(Am playing as the Suns)

We’re in a total rebuild, so looking at that main point looking around the league for teams making a push towards the playoffs I see the 76ers in the 6th seed. Missing depth at shooting guard an some playoff/championship experience. (Not saying their headed that far)

I’m looking to deal

2018 1st round (Top 3 Protected)
Branden Knight
Tyson Chandler

For

Jahlil Okafor
Jerryd Baylees

A lot of money tied up with Knight and Chandler hence sending over a 1st round pick. What you guys think ?

NBA 2k17 | Philadelphia 76ers 9-33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #86
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

First time i was able to sign Gordon

since i was winning to many games with AD on the bulls, i restarted...i want it to feel real, tanked and got pick 1, since i sign bosh, i traded him at deadline to memphis for their first round pick, which turn out to be pick 8

Traded Pick 1, pick 8, Spurs 2020 & 2021 both top 3 P, to boston for Jason Tatum, they only wanted the first pick, so i tossed the rest....they picked Bagley

what ya think?

Silent
Old 10-12-2017, 02:27 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_D_
Hey guys, so been thinking of pulling this off just need to see what others think.

(Am playing as the Suns)

We’re in a total rebuild, so looking at that main point looking around the league for teams making a push towards the playoffs I see the 76ers in the 6th seed. Missing depth at shooting guard an some playoff/championship experience. (Not saying their headed that far)

I’m looking to deal

2018 1st round (Top 3 Protected)

Branden Knight

Tyson Chandler

For

Jahlil Okafor

Jerryd Baylees

A lot of money tied up with Knight and Chandler hence sending over a 1st round pick. What you guys think ?

I think I like this trade. Chandler seems like a perfect buyout candidate. I’m not sure if you’re doing 30 team control or not but if you are that would be an even better trade for 6ers as they unload Okafor finally, get an upgrade at backup SG, and a First. Also like it for the Suns as they get a low risk high reward guy in Jahlil who will probably take less than Alex Len and frees up minutes for Bender, as well as moving big salary.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:30 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
First time i was able to sign Gordon

since i was winning to many games with AD on the bulls, i restarted...i want it to feel real, tanked and got pick 1, since i sign bosh, i traded him at deadline to memphis for their first round pick, which turn out to be pick 8

Traded Pick 1, pick 8, Spurs 2020 & 2021 both top 3 P, to boston for Jason Tatum, they only wanted the first pick, so i tossed the rest....they picked Bagley

what ya think?

Silent

I feel like Boston would have wanted a player as they are in Win now mode, and def deserved at least 2 1st rounders for Tatum, but I think your core is coming along well. Lavine, Gordon and Tatum is a pretty good young core

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »