Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
Just some dude...
 
BobbyColtrane's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In front of a TV, holding a controller
Posts: 2,117
NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Use this thread to discuss proposed My League/My GM trades.

Here is last year's for reference.

I'll go first. I despise LaMarcus Aldridge and want him off my Spurs ASAP.

He has a player option that he will probably exercise at the end of this year, making him a semi-expiring contract.

Thoughts on trading him, Dejounte Murray and a 1st to Sacramento for George Hill once new contracts can be traded in December?

Sacramento gets a guard prospect and a pick. Honestly, I have no idea why they would want to pay George Hill $20mm per year for a team that won't sniff the playoffs.

Fair or unfair?
BobbyColtrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
Designated Red Shirt
 
trekfan's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,495
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Use this thread to discuss proposed My League/My GM trades.

Here is last year's for reference.

I'll go first. I despise LaMarcus Aldridge and want him off my Spurs ASAP.

He has a player option that he will probably exercise at the end of this year, making him a semi-expiring contract.

Thoughts on trading him, Dejounte Murray and a 1st to Sacramento for George Hill once new contracts can be traded in December?

Sacramento gets a guard prospect and a pick. Honestly, I have no idea why they would want to pay George Hill $20mm per year for a team that won't sniff the playoffs.

Fair or unfair?
Very fair. I get why the Kings signed Hill (veteran mentor) but they way overpaid, IMO. Hill is worth 12-15M a year in my view, not 20M.

I think the Spurs are offering a bit too much here -- Murray is a good prospect. I think if you just toss Aldridge+that 1st (unprotected of course) and ask for Hill back, it'll be just fine for everyone.

If you're not enamored with Murray, toss him in there as a sweetener, but I quite like him.
trekfan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Just some dude...
 
BobbyColtrane's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In front of a TV, holding a controller
Posts: 2,117
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

thanks man!

hmmmmm.....i like Murray but I feel like I gotta give to get. Maybe take the pick out and leave Murray. I don't know, just spitballing here.
BobbyColtrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Pro
 
Saro1's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

I'm the Trail Blazers, what do you think about this trade:

Phoenix get Turner and a 1st 2018 unprotected pick by Portland.
Knicks get Aminu, T.J. Warren and a 2nd 2020 pick.
Trail Blazers get Melo and Dotson.

Phoenix in rebuilding mode are willing for me to get a big contract and a Draft prospect in exchange of Warren that at the end of the year needs to be payed.
Knicks get two underpaid assets with more CAP space for the 2018 Free Agency and TB get a "star" for the playoffs' race.
__________________
PSN: SaroMeci
Saro1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
Just some dude...
 
BobbyColtrane's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In front of a TV, holding a controller
Posts: 2,117
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
I'm the Trail Blazers, what do you think about this trade:



Phoenix get Turner and a 1st 2018 unprotected pick by Portland.

Knicks get Aminu, T.J. Warren and a 2nd 2020 pick.

Trail Blazers get Melo and Dotson.



Phoenix in rebuilding mode are willing for me to get a big contract and a Draft prospect in exchange of Warren that at the end of the year needs to be payed.

Knicks get two underpaid assets with more CAP space for the 2018 Free Agency and TB get a "star" for the playoffs' race.


Looks fine to me. I saw earlier in the week that Melo would be open to Portland if Houston doesnt work out in real life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobbyColtrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt
 
trekfan's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,495
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
I'm the Trail Blazers, what do you think about this trade:

Phoenix get Turner and a 1st 2018 unprotected pick by Portland.
Knicks get Aminu, T.J. Warren and a 2nd 2020 pick.
Trail Blazers get Melo and Dotson.

Phoenix in rebuilding mode are willing for me to get a big contract and a Draft prospect in exchange of Warren that at the end of the year needs to be payed.
Knicks get two underpaid assets with more CAP space for the 2018 Free Agency and TB get a "star" for the playoffs' race.
I say yes on that one. Solid trade all around - Knicks would take that in a heartbeat IRL I think.
trekfan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2006
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Use this thread to discuss proposed My League/My GM trades.

Here is last year's for reference.

I'll go first. I despise LaMarcus Aldridge and want him off my Spurs ASAP.

He has a player option that he will probably exercise at the end of this year, making him a semi-expiring contract.

Thoughts on trading him, Dejounte Murray and a 1st to Sacramento for George Hill once new contracts can be traded in December?

Sacramento gets a guard prospect and a pick. Honestly, I have no idea why they would want to pay George Hill $20mm per year for a team that won't sniff the playoffs.

Fair or unfair?

Eh.. Giving up way too much. Keep Murrary and send them Aldridge for Hill straight up.


EDIT : In MyLEAGUE , The Sixers traded Jahlil Okafor for Mike Conley straight up. No picks included. I was shocked.. Even had the trade difficulty bumped up.
cool318 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
Designated Red Shirt
 
trekfan's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,495
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool318
Eh.. Giving up way too much. Keep Murrary and send them Aldridge for Hill straight up.


EDIT : In MyLEAGUE , The Sixers traded Jahlil Okafor for Mike Conley straight up. No picks included. I was shocked.. Even had the trade difficulty bumped up.
AI team logic is still stupid and always will be. You just can't program the amount of variables into it.
trekfan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Top -