Home

Yearly question of what difficulty you play on.

This is a discussion on Yearly question of what difficulty you play on. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #9
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Yearly question of what difficulty you play on.

I play on Superstar but will probably bump it up to Hall of Fame if I don't start losing more games.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #10

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Superstar. I can play on hall of fame but just don't enjoy the experience. I've always felt the highest difficulty in sports games don't necessarily make the cpu smarter, but instead makes them a little superhuman and play above their ratings. All this while dumbing down your AI teammates.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #11
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

This year i play mostly offline vs. CPU with player lock (PG).

I use All-Star difficulty and decreased CPU sliders (throwing) minus 2 and most important i lowered the CPU 3 pointers to 45 because the CPU gets too many wide open 3's. All other sliders i kept @ default.

Against really good teams with elite-PG i have a hard time to defend them and it's pure fun. A guy like Russell Westbrook can destroy me, so i must concentrate the whole game on defense. When i face a solid or bad PG i feel the difference... Gameplay is damn good and i had some great, close games i will remember for long time. I love how the gameplay feels, sure it has it flaws, but wow, this is just great basketball-sim!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #12
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

HOF. Otherwise I'll rarely ever lose. This year all the difficulties is more tough than previous years though besides HOF. I think HOF was pretty tough on 2K15 for MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #13
Rookie

Hall of Fame, default sliders/settings.

2k's CPU IMO is still too easy for me, wish there was a harder difficulty.

I'm 27-0 with my 76ers in MyGM and 19-0 in MyLeague so far (no trades in either)

I might start using a different team to see if it's challenging. Only time I ever play as another team is couch co-op with a buddy and we implement the 3 random teams rule lol
Old 09-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #14
Banned

I don't have the game yet, but I managed to hop on my bro's 6'4 slashing playmaker career, and played on HoF. Seems a lot tougher with old school rubber banding thrown in for good measure. Seemed like the game was forcing up a lot of close games with teams like the bulls shooting 67% from 3 on 42 shots.

Won about 7/10 games on HoF which for my first outing with the game since the prelude I was happy with. Those CPU 3pt'ers are back to 2k14/15 levels of being undefendable and flying in from everywhere though.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Sheesh...im reading some of you guys handily beat it at superstar and I just played all star and got my *** handed to me.

You guys make defensive adjustments? That's my problem...since I'm lazy to muck around coaches settings. I want the AI coach to deal with that while I execute.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #16
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Playing on Superstar exclusively this year. Default sliders. Not changing sliders unless something drastic happens. No more flip flopping to All Star. Lol, I played on All Star once and I did worse and I am like, WTF? No, I have had a good time on Superstar but like you said the AI can do what it wants like always. Physics, logic, you name it, the AI can bypass it but with the user you get punished.

Played on All Star since 2K15 but I said if I got 2K18 this year I would start playing Superstar and not change back to All Star. I will try to keep my word.

P.S. I play offline. Only play quick Play Now games and MyLeague (usually do it in February-March). I don't do PNO except for 2K16. My Internet sucks here and the lag was bad when I had 115 mbps, so my Internet here lol no thanks.

Last edited by Hellquist; 09-26-2017 at 01:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »