Home

NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Edition

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Edition within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #17
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Editio

Is Amazon not carrying the standard edition (physical) this year? I want to use my prime discount.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Editio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
NBA Live 19, release date: September 7th, for standard edition.

Promotion: 33% off if you preorder through NBA Live 18. Basically, $40, $36 for EA Access members.

So pay less, and save VC money. IMO 2k is giving ground to competition by slowly pricing themselves out. It cost more VC than ever last year to become competitive, all the while they charge more for the game to get it early.

I bought live last year as well and I thought it was a solid pick up. Live is doing this to cut into 2k's market share and move some units. They were outsold by a wide margin by 2k. I am not under the impression that EA "Cares about their fans" more than 2k or something. 2k did the same thing with NFL 2k5 ($19.99) to go against juggernaut Madden (full price).
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I blame youtubers, and people who think dropping $100 on a single game is no big deal.
It's really not a big deal for $/hr of entertainment. Also, video games have been $60 since what seems like forever even with inflation. **** I think I bought Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB for 59.99 in 1994; which in today's money would be $103.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #20
Pro

This is GREAT.

It will stop me buying it until the release day / give me four days for the youtubers to show all the bugs.

Honestly, the 'real' release date for this game is always November anyway. I.e. the date the 'full product' actually finds its way out.

Not the annual 'bug infested' BETA that comes out September. Charging $99 for that 'bug infested' release /BETA is kind of scandalous...but if people are silly enough to pay that, so be it...
Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #21
MVP

I am pretty sure you will be able to pick up a physical copy on the 7th just like people did last year. Just depends on where you look.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #22
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm still not pre-ordering. Show me gameplay and improvements first.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:45 PM   #23
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Good to see people taking the stance of holding off on purchasing until they see the improvement in the areas that matter to them...now you have to actually stick to your guns lol.

No way I'm paying $100 to get the game early,...I'm not feeling this move at all to alienate the standard edition users.....That's all I'll say on the matter....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Also not buying the Anniversary Edition. Thought about it until the 'early release' was only tied to paying more.

2k not finessing me like that.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #24
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I mean, i just dont get this tight rope that 2k is walking on now, they put in a pre order bonus for the $100 copy with a big chunk of VC, which is what a large portion of fans have been saying is whats wrong with the series for years now, and they make that copy the only one to get early access. We could make a million threads about whats wrong with the game, the only way they're gonna change motives is if the sales get dented, other than that they just say screw it lets push all the VC transactions and other non critical aspects of the game, even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »