Home

9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings

This is a discussion on 9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #81
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings

The blow by shouldn't be as much of a problem this year as it was in 18.

In 18 you had the blowby as well as the snatchback and the zig zag. You could cut off the blowby but the problem was that ball handlers could change directions at a ridiculously fast speed, so he could shimmy you off to one direction if you try to overplay. Then you had that snatchback garbage that would give people a stupid amount of space to get off a shot and guys were pretty much at the mercy the ball handler.

If the blowby is in without the zig zag and snatchback then it won't be an issue. I'm personally kind of looking forward to it, because online players spent the whole year playing off ball because the defenders in 19 were just too damn good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #82
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: 9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I hope they are for 75 percent of the defensive players. Give up space or get blown bye. In that short wizards video, I loved all the interaction animations. If you make contact with a ballhandler you should get blown bye, unless it is a person who can not handle the ball. imo. The days of bump and run defense may finally be over.
This. Just my opinion, but from what I saw in that vid, blowby's look much more organic and nothing like 2k18's was. Just looks like you have to be in good defensive position this time to stop guys and with explosive players, you have to actually play them smart and give a little space or push them into help D. I know you can't really judge from a short video though, so...
Old 08-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #83
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

The game is looking legit. It seems like 2K has finally figured out speed, acceleration. Da Czar has been dropping some gameplay hints in Twitter

"You will really need to pay attention to matchups. You can’t constantly pressure the ball as a poor defender vs a guard with quick first step. You will need to give a cushion in mismathes and decide what you are ok giving up. Better defenders can apply more pressure."
Old 08-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #84
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
The game is looking legit. It seems like 2K has finally figured out speed, acceleration. Da Czar has been dropping some gameplay hints in Twitter

"You will really need to pay attention to matchups. You can’t constantly pressure the ball as a poor defender vs a guard with quick first step. You will need to give a cushion in mismathes and decide what you are ok giving up. Better defenders can apply more pressure."
Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #85
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I forgot to ask but rewatching the gameplay vid does it look like the court is a bit bigger to you guys? Maybe it's the quality of the vid.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #86
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not sure who got shafted more on the Spurs between Poeltl (77) or White (78). Both are plus defenders that need to become more assertive and consistent on offense. That still doesn't mean Jakob should be the worst starting center (tied w/ Alex Len & Cody Zeller, SMDH) and White rated equal to unproven talent like R.J. Barrett.

Jakob main issue is that the Spurs will likely play small (w/ Carroll & Gay at PF) most nights limiting his minutes to Aldridge's back up.

White will either be the 6th man (his optimal role, IMO) or start next to DeJounte. Either way, he'll see plenty of court time and will (likely once again) play above his crappy (out - of - the - box) ratings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-16-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #87
Rookie

Re: 9 minutes of NBA 2K20 leaked gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
lots of people saying their waiting for the demo, heck im waiting till 2 or 3 weeks after release seeing how 2k's changed their last few games right after release, footage before release is never the final game, demo is never the final game, heck, the game 3 months after release is never the final game
Exactly.

When a certain segment of the community starts their demands then patches start rolling out like clockwork. The game never plays the same out the box. Which is why I don't put much stock in pre-launch stuff, let alone a few months from now.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #88
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I forgot to ask but rewatching the gameplay vid does it look like the court is a bit bigger to you guys? Maybe it's the quality of the vid.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I got this feeling too, but like you said wasn't sure if it was due to the video quality but either the court is bigger or the players are smaller because the court spacing looked great even with all the crazy passing and turboing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »