Home

9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings

This is a discussion on 9 Minutes of NBA 2K20 Gameplay Footage, Most of the Starting 5 Player Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #17
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 9 minutes of NBA 2K20 leaked gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Czar says from that tweet that combined with Giant Slayer its going to be a problem. Mike in another tweet said the slashers are OP right now and they are working to balance it out. My solution would be less badges that give offensive players an advantage! That should balance things out!
I hope it's not nerfed too much , but I do understand.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #18
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Wow, players motion look way better. Not sure if defense look better in this video because players getting wide open to shoot. those japanese people don't know how to play properly on defense
One of them is the NBA player Rui Hachimura actually. They both played poorly , you are right
Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #19
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
One of them is the NBA player Rui Hachimura actually. They both played poorly , you are right
yeah but i don't know why Rui Hachimura playing so terrible on this game while Rui is NBA player now lol. why Rui has black skin if he is japanese player ??

Last edited by michaelhawj; 08-15-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
yeah but i don't know why Rui Hachimura playing so terrible on this game while Rui is NBA player now lol
He didn't want to show up the kid. He was just goofing off...
Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #21
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I really wished they let the players movement and animations play out more both users were playing hot potato with the ball most of the quarter lol. But with that said the passing animations were pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #22
MVP

lareka's Arena

It's hard to judge the game from that kind of a video but let me tell you what I've seen as a disgruntled 2k fan who quit the game with rage last 3 years after playing it 2 months - 17-18-19:

- I hate the quick releases for nearly every player, it looks like they still have it...

- I hate the pre-determined miss / make lay-up animation- the animation that a player does before missing the shot - you know that he is missing the lay-up like PG at 04:30. That lay-up is not going in, there's contact and it's missed. You tech guys know better about what i'm trying to say.

- That 05:55 offensive rebound tip basket was weird. A bad offensive player like Thomas Bryant doing that in real basketball is nearly impossible. He nearly tipped it in from the FT range.

- I hate the similar bounces on misses like 8:14, 8:25, 8:49, 9:09. It doesn't look natural when it's repeated like that.

And the miss at 06:29 is one of the reasons why i dislike the game. An NBA player very close to the rim with a decent jumper wide open like that nearly never misses that shot. But in this game it's about the release point of your shot, if you release the shot early or late you can miss it as often as like this...

hac

The parameters to make / miss a shot for me should be based on:
-Player skill
-Defense on him (if wide open no defense)
- Hot / cold situation of the player
- That player's fatigue level

Not a nanosecond late shot meter release. If we are going to try to perfect shot releases and that's the point of the game, that's an arcade style basketball,not simulation (not what NBA 2K games WERE about) Just reminding...

I liked the change of pace that Wall had and movement of the players.

But i think this game will be very similar to 2k19 and as an offline franchise mode player i have no reason to be excited about the game. They are still heading to a bad direction...

PS: Game should have a mechanic to seperate a running or crossing over then stopping to attempt a jump shot from taking 1 small step to take a jump shot. Both are regarded as shots off the dribble. In real life doing the later is a piece of cake, the first one is only done by great scorers. I remember a zillion of times when I missed the shot with a player because it was regarded as shot off the drible because i stepped up 30 cms. to the right thus the shot becoming a less succesful one (as the feet -set shots are higher in 95 % of the players than the moving shots)

Last edited by lareka; 08-15-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

That drop pass animation was beautiful btw
Old 08-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #24
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
yeah but i don't know why Rui Hachimura playing so terrible on this game while Rui is NBA player now lol. why Rui has black skin if he is japanese player ??
"The son of a Japanese mother and a father from the West African nation of Benin, Hachimura became the first Japanese player ever selected in the first round of the N.B.A. draft on Thursday night at Barclays Center, where he went No. 9 overall to the Washington Wizards."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »