Home

Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

This is a discussion on Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

Yea ive seen enough, another year another cheese fest. Cant keep making the same mistake of getting sucked into this toxic environment of playing a game religiously thats not fun. At the expense of some youtuber looking for a highlight reel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2020, 08:49 AM   #82
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Just played my first rec game in 2k since like I dont know 2k17 or whatever and all I can say is damn.... (I'm exclusively a MyLeague guy on PC)

My build is a slashing PG but I try to play like real life. Meaning passing to the open man, drive -draw-and kick, etc... my teammates were pretty straight but my matchup scored 55 f'ing points on 15/20 3pt shooting. And I mean Green release galore. Every freaking shot was a green release even if I had a hand up. And all he did was run side to side (off ball) because its difficult as hell to play off ball defense and his teammates or one of his friends just pass him the damn ball and he shot the ****.... on top of that he cherry picked the whole game. So he had wide open layups and 3pt opportunities off our missed shots.

I dont know what build he had but whatever it is it is overpowered.

Also, one of our teammates left the match so we had an AI. And whenever I made a good pass to him under the basket, one of my teammates will call for the ball while the AI is in mid layup form and it will result in a turnover. Happened 4x.

I like the concept of the rec and the whole Myplayer thingy. I see why these teenagers are so immersed in it but man I wish there was a sim leauge or something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ahh so I see absolutely nothing has changed since I stopped playing online 4 years ago.

It's never been the game, it's always been the players that are the problem. Everyone has a choice not to cheese, but winning in a legit manner is just too much hard work for these bums, so they use every dirty trick in the book to score that precious 'W' so they can brag about how good they are, when in fact, they absolutely suck.

Sadly this is the demographic that 2K caters for, it would appear.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Ahh so I see absolutely nothing has changed since I stopped playing online 4 years ago.

It's never been the game, it's always been the players that are the problem. Everyone has a choice not to cheese, but winning in a legit manner is just too much hard work for these bums, so they use every dirty trick in the book to score that precious 'W' so they can brag about how good they are, when in fact, they absolutely suck.

Sadly this is the demographic that 2K caters for, it would appear.
That's how the online play in pretty much every game goes, and has gone for a good 20 years.People taking advantage of whatever the current meta is, very little teamwork unless playing with friends, and players with a "My meta build should trump everything else in the game every single time" attitude that will not only actively work to block game balancing measures, but also constantly push to be made even more OP so they can continue to feed their egos online.

Unfortunately, it's bit worse in 2K since their quest to tune everything to balance the online meta has had a negative effect on offline modes.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #84
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

It’s not Twitter and YouTube’s fault, it’s the player base and the current era of sports games as a whole. EA showed everyone that they can make billions via game modes that rely on in-game currency, and now every sports game is dominated by the ultimate team/MyPlayer game modes. Such a ridiculous amount of revenue is generated off these modes that the devs have no choice but to cater to them specifically.

If people played other modes and stopped buying in-game currency we would be in the golden age of sports gaming. But I don’t see that happening at this point.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:56 AM   #85
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Another evening of highly engaging, intelligent gameplay against people who are highly knowledgeable about basketball

this gen of 2K is a lost cause, if they don't do a MASSIVE revamp of the series in this next-gen version then I'm officially done, and that's something I've never said before.

Tons of better games out there that are more frequently balanced to get a competitive fix than this dreck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #86
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Another evening of highly engaging, intelligent gameplay against people who are highly knowledgeable about basketball

this gen of 2K is a lost cause, if they don't do a MASSIVE revamp of the series in this next-gen version then I'm officially done, and that's something I've never said before.

Tons of better games out there that are more frequently balanced to get a competitive fix than this dreck
From what i see, your 4 was not helping you on the glass. 0 rebounds? Its not like his opposition was just draining threes.

Im not saying that defensively the guards couldn't have done better, but if the 4 isn't boxing out you'll never have a chance no matter the skill level of the competition.

That said, when has a team EVER shot 24/30 on threes in the NBA? I'll go out on a limb and say NEVER.

If they did... Law of averages states that team as a whole would go 0/40 the next game.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #87
Rookie

This version is actually worse than last year at this point they are trolling. Paint defense sliders are at 0
Old 09-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
This is an ironic stance, because they clearly had a cohesive gameplan. Two players on that team took no shots and dominated the glass. The shooters cooked.

If both teams were shooting the lights out, maybe there would be a point. Ya'll got bodied.

24/30 3pt should be possible, and it indicates a significant skill gap between these two teams.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »