Home

Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

This is a discussion on Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Starting Twitch/YT Streaming Groups to Amplify Sim Community Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
If you're a MyTeam guy who wants to play Sim (they are out there lol), RCA the Great is a really good watch. Hasn't done as many tutorials this year, but has a lot of really good stuff from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWh...NOXnKTQ/videos
I watched a bit of his MyTeam stuff. It was pretty interesting to see him effectively using various freelances within games both against the CPU and other human players. I thought he made some good points about the usefulness of plays to force human players to defend against various different looks instead of 5 Out then P&R every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #26
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I watched a bit of his MyTeam stuff. It was pretty interesting to see him effectively using various freelances within games both against the CPU and other human players. I thought he made some good points about the usefulness of plays to force human players to defend against various different looks instead of 5 Out then P&R every time.
Right, he's a bit of a league of his own, because he'll do some less strict NBA "sim" things like full court pressure or intense zone defenses for extended periods, but it's all about changing up looks and playing fundamental basketball in those looks. I'd almost call it "rec league sim," if I can coin a term. I remember there's one vid where he played the 2k Global Champion and switched to a zone look from time to time just to get him out of rhythm and change what he was seeing. That kind of stuff is super unique and still draws on the fundamentals of basketball.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 10-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Right, he's a bit of a league of his own, because he'll do some less strict NBA "sim" things like full court pressure or intense zone defenses for extended periods, but it's all about changing up looks and playing fundamental basketball in those looks. I'd almost call it "rec league sim," if I can coin a term. I remember there's one vid where he played the 2k Global Champion and switched to a zone look from time to time just to get him out of rhythm and change what he was seeing. That kind of stuff is super unique and still draws on the fundamentals of basketball.
True, that is something you will see in an actual game. Listening to him talk he obviously has a good grasp of the practical fundamentals of basketball and seems to mostly switch up tactics where it would be appropriate IRL as well.

Really the only time I saw him go outside of "sim" was just when trying to get the 12-0 challenges done, which I can't fault him for.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #28
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I am going to give this thread a sticky since I really do think this is a good thing if it gets off the ground because I think it makes sense since we already try to do community sliders/rosters/etc. that are for us. I'm also going to try to put up more videos/stories highlighting these peeps you find/believe in/etc. regardless of whether or not they're on OS or not.

I am going to start today by posting a recent RCA video.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #29
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

And as promised, here is that news post. Again, hope whatever folks who try to take point on this at times support it the best they can.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #30
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

Nice I like
Old 10-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
And as promised, here is that news post. Again, hope whatever folks who try to take point on this at times support it the best they can.
Much appreciated. I feel like part of our "problem" as it were, is that with the volume of 2K content out there on YT and Twitch (of which only a relatively small portion is geared towards us) sim players may not be aware of all the sim content that is out there for them to watch.Making it more accessible is definitely a step in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #32
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

I dont know how I missed this until now, But I am definitely down for this!! I always enjoy streaming my games and talking with people while playing

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »