Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
I highly doubt we'll have that much control. Pie Charts were no different from archetypes, remember?

Your height, weight, and wingspan will effect a lot of things.

Be prepared to be disappointed. Hell look at all the complaints here about bigs being able to shoot the 3 ball.

Demigods can't happen because you're still capped based on height, weight, and wingspan.

If you make a 7'0 Small Forward your speed will be capped at 70
We'll see....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #82
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
We'll see....
We got less than a month. Demi gods won't be possible at all if you ask me. 2k won't allow 7 footers to have 80 ball control

I'm looking at this build now and it looks OP. Maxed shooting and maxed steal, but it's slow, 69 stamina, and can't really attack the paint all that well.

What 2k needs to do is buff perimeter defense and intimidator badge against guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1m...ture=emb_title

Last edited by ImInThis; 10-22-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #83
Pro

Demi-gods might not be possible height and weight wise as in 7’3 guys stroking from outside and running at the speed of light. But I still worry you’ll be able to make some pretty broken builds by ignoring certain stats entirely. Like if I ignore stats completely like close shot, standing dunk, post control, free throws, pass accuracy, interior D, block, rebounding, strength and vertical - could I create a guard with basically maxed out shooting, slashing, dribbling, perimeter D, speed and acceleration?

I guess we won’t know until we see the bucket of points at your disposal and how much different vitals effect your maxes. I worry that by allowing users to entirely ignore stat groups, you possibly open the door for some really OP builds for certain play styles. Hopefully I’m wrong though.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
We got less than a month. Demi gods won't be possible at all if you ask me. 2k won't allow 7 footers to have 80 ball control

I'm looking at this build now and it looks OP. Maxed shooting and maxed steal, but it's slow, 69 stamina, and can't really attack the paint all that well.

What 2k needs to do is buff perimeter defense and intimidator badge against guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1m...ture=emb_title

Even looking at this example build - take out a bunch of useless or less important guard stats that he spent and he easily could have jacked up a bunch of other ones and had a ridiculously OP offensive guard with maxed steal and perimeter D.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 10-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #85
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Even looking at this example build - take out a bunch of useless or less important guard stats that he spent and he easily could have jacked up a bunch of other ones and had a ridiculously OP offensive guard with maxed steal and perimeter D.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Exactly the point that I was trying to make. I noticed that they used "Wing" for the position.To me, that even removes more restrictions when you don't have to worry about basketball positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #86
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Personally I like this approach of making EVERYONE a demigod. I've always wanted a 7'1 pure rim protector that can keep up with agile players and have a nice mid range. I've been wanting to make one for years. Next gen is looking nice if its finally possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Personally I like this approach of making EVERYONE a demigod. I've always wanted a 7'1 pure rim protector that can keep up with agile players and have a nice mid range. I've been wanting to make one for years. Next gen is looking nice if its finally possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

If everyone has a 99 3 ball, there might not be much action around the rim for you to protect....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #88
MVP

Finally the badge levels are to some degree based on ratings! And it looks like you can just upgrade mid-range and free throw and have a decent number of badge points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »