Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense

With 2K previously revealing their NBA 2K21 next-gen gameplay trailer, along with part 1 and part 2...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
wow, what a* incredible blogs ever i read. i like the ai improvement on defense and new badges
Old 10-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

We may actually be able to make our players real Stars again
Old 10-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

Quote:
Deep Threes – Dame and Curry range 3 balls
ugh...

Quote:
Stop & Pop Three – for the JJ Redicks who want to pull-up for threes in transition
ugh 2...

I've asked this for balance issue from last gen. Get rid of brick wall badge for Glass Cleaners. If a defender miraculously was able to get around a screen and defend the clown behind the screen. The glass cleaner will just roll in and grab the rebound and he will pass it back out. Rinse and repeat. Online gameplay gets really repetitive if this were to happen to next gen.

Last edited by Goffs; 10-21-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

I wonder if we will have more ability to customize game plans beyond picking the presets. The AI changes sound good, but I'm withholding my excitement until real gameplay footage comes out.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

All great until I saw Duncan Robinson with ultra-black hair when he’s almost blonde
Old 10-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Another positive blog when I saw my player news I got excited for a second thinking we would get some my league news.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Pro

The added flexibility for my player creation is nice. I’ll have to see it in practice though because oftentimes, unless there’s good stat balance, you end up with even less variety than archetypes. If everyone ends up maxing the same stats because there’s a bunch of useless stats or stats that aren’t relevant to the position, it doesn’t really create as much variety as you’d think.

It sounds from the descriptions that they might have nerfed takeovers a bit which I’m ok with. They make things pretty arcadey in their current iteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »