Home

There's so many issues that are simple fixes yet they are ignored... for years

This is a discussion on There's so many issues that are simple fixes yet they are ignored... for years within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: There's so many issues that are simple fixes yet they are ignored... for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The main "solution" is to go into the coach sliders and set Help Defense to 100, which will make the D rotate to protect the basket.

Guys like Simmons, Lebron, Giannis, etc. (basically all athletic forwards over 6'6") are all too fast in-game due to a glitch with the Speed w/ Ball rating for taller players. For whatever reason, an athletic forward with like 82 Speed w/ Ball rating is faster than a shorter player with 99 Speed w/ Ball. So you can go in and decrease these players' SWB rating individually or just mass-edit the entire roster SWB rating down, then increase the Speed with Ball (Min) slider by the same amount (for whatever reason, the Min slider works whereas the Max slider has no effect). On top of these players being too fast, bigs are WAY too slow and therefore they're complete non-factors as they can't get into position on defense. Easy fix though, just increase the Speed/Acceleration without Ball (Min) sliders to around 55 and slow players will move realistically instead of in slow-motion. Final tweak here would be to increase the CPU Lateral Quickness so that you can't just run around or blow past them with ease 100% of the time.
Dude. Thank you so much. Just played my first game after adjusting these settings and it's loads better.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:16 PM   #74
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: There's so many issues that are simple fixes yet they are ignored... for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgersFTMFWSW
Dude. Thank you so much. Just played my first game after adjusting these settings and it's loads better.

Glad I could help! As long as they fix the rotations and hedge defender decision making with this next patch, we’re in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Yeah, I tried all your sliders and they definitely help a lot...not ideal, but def makes it more playable. Unfortunately, even with those edits (as you said) most times you can still score at will with Simmons, LeBron, Giannis...the Hedge AI, as you know, is a mess (praying for a fix!).

Yea, unfortunately you can only improve the defense to a certain extent, but there’s nothing that can “fix” it until they make the AI, well, intelligent.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #75
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Umm u started the name calling....... I respond how I’m responded to

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
UHHH I literally said it directly to you. You said yours to someone else about me. Huge difference, chief.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »