Home

Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

This is a discussion on Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
3rdamention user posted a few posts up. said he's not in the insider program.
Gotcha. I must have missed his post. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

I tried some more things tonight to see if I could get my game to stop turning my Xbox Off. I still haven't made it through the NBA Draft combine 5 on 5 game. My system just keeps turning off. I think I have tried to get through that NBA Draft Combine about 15 times, and my system has turned off all 15 times. I dont want to skip it cause it is stupid to be drafted lower cause this game is so messed up and then miss out on extra VC per game.

1. I created a brand new player, got to the combine, the game crashed again before finishing the 5 on 5. So my original player or save file wasn't borked.

2. I deleted all the save files off my system, it sync'd with the ones in the cloud. The system still completely turned off.

3. I tried plugging my system into the wall, without a surge protector. The game still made my entire system turn off.

4. I tried plugging my system into a surge protector. My Xbox still shut off.

I cannot think of a single thing left to try. I am a 6th Grade Technology Teacher. This is basically what I do. But this game was supposed to be a chance for me to relax, play some games, after a tough day at work. I just cannot do that. And with this being my first Xbox Console ever, it has left a very bad tasted in my mouth so far. Whether it is 2k's fault or Microsoft's fault, this is just unacceptable. I paid $100 for the Legendary Version of this game and I cannot even play MyPlayer, the one mode I play.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:29 PM   #83
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdamention
I tried some more things tonight to see if I could get my game to stop turning my Xbox Off. I still haven't made it through the NBA Draft combine 5 on 5 game. My system just keeps turning off. I think I have tried to get through that NBA Draft Combine about 15 times, and my system has turned off all 15 times. I dont want to skip it cause it is stupid to be drafted lower cause this game is so messed up and then miss out on extra VC per game.

1. I created a brand new player, got to the combine, the game crashed again before finishing the 5 on 5. So my original player or save file wasn't borked.

2. I deleted all the save files off my system, it sync'd with the ones in the cloud. The system still completely turned off.

3. I tried plugging my system into the wall, without a surge protector. The game still made my entire system turn off.

I cannot think of a single thing left to try. I am a 6th Grade Technology Teacher. This is basically what I do. But this game was supposed to be a chance for me to relax, play some games, after a tough day at work. I just cannot do that. And with this being my first Xbox Console ever, it has left a very bad tasted in my mouth so far. Whether it is 2k's fault or Microsoft's fault, this is just unacceptable. I paid $100 for the Legendary Version of this game and I cannot even play MyPlayer, the one mode I play.
It's the Xbox, not the game. Happens with multiple other games as well, but only on the next gen Xbox systems. The issue is surprisingly wide-spread.

If you've done all the main stuff (made sure the console is vertical/upright and has plenty of ventilation so it's not overheating, triple checked that the stupid power cord is all the way inserted into the Xbox, tried on the outlet as well as on a surge protector, etc.) then it's probably best to put that warranty to use and get a replacement.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-13-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #84
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

I feel your pain. I'm reading the comments in the PNO thread, and I want to play so bad before the cheesers find the game exploits.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #85
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It's the Xbox, not the game. Happens with multiple other games as well, but only on the next gen Xbox systems. The issue is surprisingly wide-spread.

If you've done all the main stuff (made sure the console is vertical/upright and has plenty of ventilation so it's not overheating, triple checked that the stupid power cord is all the way inserted into the Xbox, tried on the outlet as well as on a surge protector, etc.) then it's probably best to put that warranty to use and get a replacement.
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do that. It happened last year, and they were able to patch it out. The list of "multiple other games" is very very tiny. Just wait it out. Wide spread? Definitely yes. Would I recommend getting a replacement and waiting forever? Definitely no. It's not like the RROD where you had to weird things to "fix" it. Whatever the problem is, it's something that can be handled via a patch and/or firmware update.

I'm adding firmware update, because I don't remember if one was done. However, I do remember 2K announcing the patch to fix it, and it was fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do that. It happened last year, and they were able to patch it out. The list of "multiple other games" is very very tiny. Just wait it out. Wide spread? Definitely yes. Would I recommend getting a replacement and waiting forever? Definitely no. It's not like the RROD where you had to weird things to "fix" it. Whatever the problem is, it's something that can be handled via a patch and/or firmware update.

I'm adding firmware update, because I don't remember if one was done. However, I do remember 2K announcing the patch to fix it, and it was fixed.

I have a hard time thinking it is my System. I have not had a single shut down on my system until I played NBA 2k22. I have played a lot of other games in my short time owning this system. I am just really concerned that Microsoft says they are aware of issues with the game, but they only mention "the game may crash to the dashboard" and they aren't admitting that it is shutting down consoles.

You can see that right here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1536349397508

Then, 2k in my support ticket told me to clear the cache, check my power connections, and then said It may be my Internet Connection losing connection to their servers. The game literally has a pop up that says "You have lost connection to the NBA 2k Servers" or something like that and then kicks you back to the game's home screen. We have all seen it multiple times. It doesn't just shut the entire system off when you lose connections to the 2k Servers. I hate that they are just blowing smoke towards me and never really even read my problem.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:16 PM   #87
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I have a hard time thinking it is my System. I have not had a single shut down on my system until I played NBA 2k22. I have played a lot of other games in my short time owning this system. I am just really concerned that Microsoft says they are aware of issues with the game, but they only mention "the game may crash to the dashboard" and they aren't admitting that it is shutting down consoles.

You can see that right here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1536349397508

Then, 2k in my support ticket told me to clear the cache, check my power connections, and then said It may be my Internet Connection losing connection to their servers. The game literally has a pop up that says "You have lost connection to the NBA 2k Servers" or something like that and then kicks you back to the game's home screen. We have all seen it multiple times. It doesn't just shut the entire system off when you lose connections to the 2k Servers. I hate that they are just blowing smoke towards me and never really even read my problem.
Okay...I might or might not stand corrected on this situation. I tried googling what happened last year, and there seems to be conflicting reports across the board. I thought it was a patch that fixed the problem (can't find the patch notes), but there are articles saying Microsoft released a hotfix (makes sense since the console just launched) to resolve the problem. There are other games that have patch notes stating that they specifically fixed the problem. PS5 users were impacted too, but it looks like it happened on a very small scale when compared to the XBSX users. The confusion is caused by people trying to figure out whether it's the software or hardware causing th problem. Like for me, I'm leaning towards the software, because I did absolutely nothing to fix my problem, and it was resolved. NBA 2K21 was the only game that I had that problem with, and now NBA 2K22. No other game in my library has caused this issue for me.

At this point, we need acknowledgment from one of the companies. I'm putting myself in the camp of "Confident that they (MS and/or 2K) will fix it, but don't know when".

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-13-2021 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #88
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

I only had one game cut-off on me and that was Call of Duty on the series X. That's I bought that w=extra ventilation fan to help usher the excess hot air out. Since I did absolutely no cut-offs.

To also answer the other guys questions yes I sit one fan on top on the Xbox x and the other one blows away the hot air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »