Home

Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

This is a discussion on Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #401
Rookie

EurozDontFogertTheZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrain
Going through this thread reading that this is happening to people is crazy.. this happened to me on my Xbox one X after my warranty expired.. I downloaded the 2k21 demo an my Xbox started shutting off an saying it was overheating constantly.. an this was offline.. got in contact with Xbox support and they started talking about sending me a new one at full price which I declined due to next gen coming out soon.. they never even tried to go through troubleshooting anything until I suggested it..I ended up having to trade in my Xbox in to gamestop for store credit..I'm not one of those people who are team Xbox or team playstation because over the years I've always had both but I couldn't buy a Xbox again after I've had bad experiences with the Xbox 360 ring of death an my Xbox one x shutting off..

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
never had an issue on the One. Worked great from Launch until the X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #402
MVP

Nyrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurozDontFogertTheZ
never had an issue on the One. Worked great from Launch until the X.
Yea I thought it was just the demo so the full game came out an had the same issue it would play then cut off and a message would pop up when I turned the console back on that it was overheating

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #403
Rookie

**Update**

After doing a factory reset for the dashboarding issue and reinstalling the game, I haven’t had any cut offs with my new exchange box. Played 4 12-min quarter games without a shut off. Normally I would have had one by now. Will continue updates over the rest of the week.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:59 AM   #404
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
**Update**

After doing a factory reset for the dashboarding issue and reinstalling the game, I haven’t had any cut offs with my new exchange box. Played 4 12-min quarter games without a shut off. Normally I would have had one by now. Will continue updates over the rest of the week.
Hmmmm...I wonder. I do remember doing a factory reset last year by coincidence. I'm going to try that.

Changed my mind about sending it back though. I have gotten so used to playing next-gen for offline games and current gen for online games, that they're basically the same game to me. VC and MyTeam stuff is shared between the two generations. I actually prefer playing Play Now Online on the current gen due to the OTF menu still using the face buttons for selections. The gameplay speed on current gen seems a tad slower for H2H competition which actually works out for me, and I feel like there's less sliding around for the defensive players.

Real talk, if I could "combine" the two games, it would be perfect for me. The graphical enhancements are nice, but when I playing the 5v5 modes and the game is in motion, I really can't tell the difference.
Old 10-05-2021, 03:31 AM   #405
Banned

Here is my story to this.

Things happenend to me first in an NBA2k21 Next Gen Online League. Games just crashes and console shuts off. Sometimes it happenend in the first 5 Minutes of the game. Sometimes at the end. No reason behind it. Of course i tried all things like changing the hdmi cable, factory reset, all that bs. After nothing worked i sent my console to microsoft and of course i got the same console back where the problem still happenend.

I decided then to quit it with the series x for NBA2k21. Hoping that they fix the problem with 2k22. How naiv of an 2k customer. Same stuff is happening with the new game. Tried everything nothing is working. Dont want to have the frustrating feeling of sending in my xbox to get the same console back.

Im really feeling this time im done with this game and after this issue is pending on the microsoft support site for such a long time im losing hope that this will ever be fixed.

As a guy who plays 2k since almost 15 years and most of the time enjoyed the game. Especially because i play in an online league where we duplicate the real nba with an team draft, trades and everything else and i've met some cool people over the years through 2k. It's really hard to say that but at a certain age, im 36 now, it's really hard to spent time with the absolute mess NBA2K is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanbaniya34
Im having the same problem on the Series S, very annoying uc browser turbo jio login
i wonder if anyone has resolved it.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #407
Rookie

xankazo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Hmmmm...I wonder. I do remember doing a factory reset last year by coincidence. I'm going to try that.

Changed my mind about sending it back though. I have gotten so used to playing next-gen for offline games and current gen for online games, that they're basically the same game to me. VC and MyTeam stuff is shared between the two generations. I actually prefer playing Play Now Online on the current gen due to the OTF menu still using the face buttons for selections. The gameplay speed on current gen seems a tad slower for H2H competition which actually works out for me, and I feel like there's less sliding around for the defensive players.

Real talk, if I could "combine" the two games, it would be perfect for me. The graphical enhancements are nice, but when I playing the 5v5 modes and the game is in motion, I really can't tell the difference.
I'm also not really sure about sending mine back. Mostly because MS themselves haven't figure out this issue and if I send it back there's always the chance of getting another console with the same issue. I guess I'll give them until the Xbox Support "2K Game Outage" case (which is about this issue) is solved and cleared. After all, it's only happening with 2K. Also I want to play some Far Cry 6. 😆😂
Old 10-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #408
Rookie

Guys i got on this forums very recently due to this issue in particular

I`ve had a Xbox 360, then One, never had any issue.

I wanted to play next gen big time i bought X series month ago, damn i was happy, till i entered the Rec, and the damn thing powered off

I started browsing internet and i figured it is a known case, i instantly returned my Xbox, luckly at my store they gave me choice since they did not have X series for replacement, money back or waiting till they get new Xbox.

I took money back, and kept looking on internet for good news, but my patience with Microsoft ran out.

Almost a month now, and it is not looking good, not to mention when i read many players who had same issue with 21 next, and never been fixed on Xbox, i was like no way i cant wait ages, and being stuck with current gen.

I bought a PS5 today, yeh i had to buy another game, but tbh it was freaking worth it, game works perfectly.

I was lucky they gave my money back tho

Good luck guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »